No Tower Available

Yorkshire

Hi

Earlier this week I upgraded to TrainzPlus to see what it was like on the month's free trial. An issue has come up with Interlocking Towers of which I have 3 on my Yorminster layout. Suddenly, while driving a session, if I try to set a path by the IT SetPath rule, I am met by the message 'No tower available' It appears that throughout the session I can't access a tower to put in a path manually. It does seem that Ai consists are using paths that I have set up for the session and apply using the Schedule Library commands; and the Tower manager rule seems to show that paths are being used and cancelled. However, I can't access a particular tower directly to manually choose a routing through ITsetPath. I wonder if this is an issue with TrainzPlus. I have never encountered this before with the standard TRS2019 or previously with TANE. Can anyone shed any light on what might be going on? There is a reluctance in me to reset up all the paths again with new boxes!

Yorkshire

Plus gets you beta releases if you turn beta on in update stream. If not, plus intends to provide you with what I would call "somewhat stable" quarterly releases of '19. In my opinion, plus should only be used if you enjoy beta testing, else I'd stick with regular public releases. If you do choose to install beta's, that should be on a separate install. Don't use beta for "good" routes you are are actively working on. Beta software always has bugs.

If it's CONTENT you want and not BETA RELEASES then go with Silver or Gold subscription.

Sorry and apologies, I can't speak to your No Tower problem but it would help othes to help if you listed the latest version you used that worked OK and the version you are currently on. Each version of beta has different features and bugs. Those who help can help best knowing which release you are on.

And again, my tip would be to use beta only for "throw away" testing and trials. Stick with stable public releases for route building.

Thanks for the response. The build is 111951. I haven't actually changed the stream to beta so I am presuming that this version on TrainzPlus is non beta. it has the same build number as my Standard Trainz had - which was the SP3 update I think

Check you have all of PGUY'S latest assets. Some older ones don't work with some of his older ones in the newer version.

111951 is actually the latest 4.8 Public Release. So you must not have beta update stream on. That's a good thing at this point. Current beta is 111956. Read the beta forum for fixes and problems. Stick with 111951 for now.

111951 is actually the latest 4.8 Public Release. So you must not have beta update stream on. That's a good thing at this point. Current beta is 111956. Read the beta forum for fixes and problems. Stick with 111951 for now.

That's what I intend to do, I think only those who are committed to sending reports should engage with beta to help the team. If I don't find a resolution will probably go back to the standard. I am pretty sure stagecoach that I am up to date with PGuys downloads. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Yorkshire

112778 is actually the latest beta update for members on Plus and Gold.

112778 is actually the latest beta update for members on Plus and Gold.

Yes, my bad. Thanks for catching that. I've been running it since it became available but I failed to update the personal logsheet I keep. It's even in my signature. I should read myself my often!

Back