Transferring content TANE to 2019

justinroth

A little late to the game so to speak but I decided to transfer content to 2019. I have been trying with one route (my own WIP). ONE route and this couldn't be any more annoying. I understand a few dep's, maybe some odd stuff from an old and closed Russian website or something but the amount of faulty content is a bit ridiculous. CDP method worked for most stuff, opening up for edit in TANE and dragging into 2019 worked, or at least I thought it did. I deleted the faulty assets in 2019 before dragging the open for edit TANE version, which then in 2019 shows the assets as modified, payware but not faulty for about 30 seconds and then they show as faulty again? Am I missing something here? I know some of the assets to be included in a JR payware route which I installed from the re-downloaded CDP's, so I don't get why they are still showing as faulty?

The process isn't difficult.

1) Transfer your route-only over to TRS19 first. You can use a CDP for that.

2) Check for dependencies in TRS19.

This will have the advantage of cleaning up any obsolete assets you may drag over as well and put in the current built-ins which exist in TRS19 that are also in TANE.

3) Export any other missing assets except for Built-ins and DLC from TANE. You may need to build multiple CDPs for this depending upon the other 3rd-party content.

4) Make sure you have ALL the DLC you have in TANE installed in TRS19. For the most part, this will be identical, but ensure you also have all the DLC routes as well if you installed any of those.

That's what I did when I transferred over. Ultimately in the end, I ended up importing everything, which was a very, very, very long arduous process that I'll never do again.

If you are getting a lot of faulty assets, view errors and warnings after running a DBR. These errors should disappear. There maybe some left over, but not a lot due to some newer error-checking but not a whole lot. Also ensure these aren't missing and faulty dependencies because that will bloat the list and make things look worse than they really are. For this I created two simple filters.

1) Faulty - only.

Faulty true is the only thing in the filter.

2) Missing Dependencies - only

Missing Dependencies true is the only thing in that filter.

With this setup, I only see what's faulty and only faulty and nothing else, and my list was far shorter, meaning only about 10 items instead of 2500.

Missing dependencies, however, showed a goodly number and I downloaded the dependencies from the DLS and installed from CDP backups.

I believe in KISS.

Last edited:
deps.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All with texture.txt file missing errors. I only have one payware route which accounts for the Jointed Rail content even though I've tried importing the CDP's for that route.

Right-click on these and revert to original the stuff you have installed from your TANE version. You also have some payware installed. Delete these payware assets and use the Content Store to reinstall your content. There are also a bunch of updates to content in there as well so update everything you can.

I like the band Justin, really cool how the keyboard plays the guitar parts
Fender Rhodes and Prophet I saw?

These texture.txt, errors sigh
every 2 months I post how annoying it is for many users
then we get a standard answer from N3v (refusing to admit its a bad decision from the past)
protecting some rusty shed texture....

A lot you can "repair"(read unpack) with Asset-X and TGAtools if you want, though it cost a lot of time
mostly I end up just deleting those from the route and replace them with something else.
Wish there was a filter so you can not place these semi-locked payware items in your route by accident.

Don't give up, try to have fun with trainz
greetings GM

Or just install the content the correct way (by downloading it from the correct source), then no errors. :(

Or just install the content the correct way (by downloading it from the correct source), then no errors. :(

Yeah, I'm not sure if there is a tutorial on the matter but luckily I still have TANE installed and was able to figure out which DLC routes were needed in order to obtain these deps. I assume some folks aren't as lucky and would be in the dark as to where to find them.

I like the band Justin, really cool how the keyboard plays the guitar parts
Fender Rhodes and Prophet I saw?

These texture.txt, errors sigh
every 2 months I post how annoying it is for many users
then we get a standard answer from N3v (refusing to admit its a bad decision from the past)
protecting some rusty shed texture....

A lot you can "repair"(read unpack) with Asset-X and TGAtools if you want, though it cost a lot of time
mostly I end up just deleting those from the route and replace them with something else.
Wish there was a filter so you can not place these semi-locked payware items in your route by accident.

Don't give up, try to have fun with trainz
greetings GM

Thanks! Yes early 70's Fender Suitcase 73 and Prophet Rev2 though the synth on the recordings is an Alesis Ion.
I ended up going back into TANE and replacing some assets and finding out which routes I needed. Got it all sorted out though CM in 2019 was still showing the faulty assets as deps of my route even after I bulk replaced them...go figure? Thanks for the help guys!

Back