Importing TRS19 Content into T:ANE

XDP94F

Just a few months ago, I purchased T:ANE SP4 after TRS19.
I was interested to work on some Thomas Content on T:ANE.
I was brought upto a similar kind of website... (Sodor Workshops) and I downloaded 'Arthur' from that page and imported it to Content Manager. Then, There was an error that said 'trainz build number not recognised by this tool'. So, with the config file I edited the trainz build number from 4.6 to 4.5(as for the SP4).
But now after that, I am receiving a number of errors as follows...

Validating <kuid:414976:100484>
Client Material::SetMaterial unknown material type 'pbrmetal' for 'crankr3.m.pbrmetal TrainzMeshFile Load> failed to load material

TrainzMeshFile_Load>failed to load material

VE77: Unable to load indexed mesh 'main Im

VE181: The tag 'mesh-table-lod-transition-distances' requires a minimum asset version of 4.6

I've been through a number of errors and I've fixed it myself but I facing these kind of problems for the first time...
Can it be fixed somehow?
It'll be an honor if you guys could help me.

Sam

Manually editing an assets build number is not recommended. The build number tells Trainz which validation tests it should perform when loading an asset. Different asset build numbers have different validation tests. By changing the build number you will most likely be simply swapping one set of error messages for another set.

4.6 is a specific asset build for TRS19. 4.6 assets designed for TRS19 will not work in T:ANE (builds 3.9 to 4.5).

PS: Since you have had T:ANE and TRS19 for several months now it would be a good idea to register your copies. Click the Register link near the top of this page.

Last edited:
PBR materials will only work in TRS19.

You also need to register your software so that it shows in your timeline.
Contact Helpdesk (button at top of page) to sort this out.

Bare in mind Trainz is not backwards compatible so you can't import assets into an older version unless the asset is an older one. Build numbers are critial.

They are in some cases. I have successfully backdated content a few times now. From TANE to TS12. Stuff like converting png textures to tga, etc for some rolling stock.

They are in some cases. I have successfully backdated content a few times now. From TANE to TS12. Stuff like converting png textures to tga, etc for some rolling stock.

Regardless, I would not recommend the practice. Often the validation test is much more than a simple check of the graphic file formats and as Trainz becomes more "sophisticated" passing those tests becomes more important.

Back