Is ASUS A15 laptop

Robert65d

Thinking of purchasing ASUS TUF A15 - Intel I7 113070H - RTX 3050Ti - 16GB RAM - 512Gb SSD.
Would this be okay for TRS19?

Cheers Bob

Robert65d - Generally recommend Asus notebooks and ROG/ TUF gaming laptops to my business clients and gaming buddies as they are well-built and perform reliably and well - though always feel bound to point out that these are in most cases no match for a well-specced and configured gaming desktop PC. This is because of cooling, storage, and GPU/ CPU power issues and typical lack of upgrade flexibility.
I'm a big fan of high-quality/ high-performance Asus components (motherboards, GPUs, monitors, wifi mesh/ network gear, etc.) and inclined to pay a reasonable premium for their ROG products under normal market circumstances because of good current and previous customer experience with the brand.
However, these are not normal times for graphics card purchases, in particular, and many of the latest Asus GPUs are stratospherically-priced right now due to crypto-mining, scalping, tight supplies and unusually high-demand.
So getting a decent GPU bundled into a custom system build or laptop can be a way to avoid the excessive price-premiums associated with discrete component purchases through other channels.
The nVidia Ampere cards are great in terms of performance, but the RTX-3050Ti is near the bottom of the range, so see if you can get one of the TUF or ROG laptops with an RTX-3060 (or better) GPU if possible.
The other A15 specs look great for TRS19 gaming: - 16Gb RAM/ fast SSD storage, latest gen. i7 processor, etc. (There are AMD Ryzen 7 CPU options too, in this notebook range - and they offer a superb level of performance as well).

I recently bought a TUF A15. Mine has an AMD R9 processor, an RTX2060 and 16 GB RAM. It seems to run TS19 pretty well with shadows turned on but some other sliders turned down a bit. I'd recommend looking at the AMD processor models as you can often get better value for money on them.

Back