Thread: Annoying problem; JR SP SD45T-2 randomly becomes faulty

Default Annoying problem; JR SP SD45T-2 randomly becomes faulty

Hello all.

I have this weird issue with my JR SP SD45T-2, it randomly becomes faulty and one of the dependencies becomes unknown, its always <kuid2:45324:50223:6>, and its driving me insane. The first time it happened I fixed it, but I don't remember now. <kuid2:45324:50223:6> is the bogey of the engine, and it's worked before, but twice now since I bought it, its done this. What the heck is wrong with this engine or dependency?! Thanks for the help!

The cab is faulty because the locomotive is faulty.

That asset is in JR HTC Truck Updates here: JR C Truck Updates – JointedRail.com as version :4 , and here: <kuid2:45324:50223:5> HT-C truck (SP grey) - kuid base (trainz-mp.ru) as version :5. Version :5 also shows as built-in to my TRS2019 Platinum SP3. I don't see version :6 listed anywhere.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Do a right-click on each "Open for Edit" then select 'Revert to original" which should sort those items out.
    Do you only have one (1) unknown asset?
    Cheers,
    Roy

<kuid2:45324:50223:6> is provided with JR's payware SP SD40T-2 Phase IIa, SP SD45T-2 Phase 1a, SSW SD40T-2 Phase IIa, SSW SD45T-2 Phase 2b.

V6 may be in a DLC route.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    <kuid2:45324:50223:6> is provided with JR's payware SP SD40T-2 Phase IIa, SP SD45T-2 Phase 1a, SSW SD40T-2 Phase IIa, SSW SD45T-2 Phase 2b.
    Yes, but after some time the asset is weirdly gone from my game! I also don't have the other aforementioned engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
    Do a right-click on each "Open for Edit" then select 'Revert to original" which should sort those items out.
    Do you only have one (1) unknown asset?
    Cheers,
    Roy
    Yes, only that one.
    Last edited by DARTrider; June 15th, 2021 at 08:52 AM.

You might just want to use the :5 version and change it to :5 in the config.txt file.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Got it, I'll try it.

Edit: Upon the installation of my SD45T-2, this probably updated it to V6, as I don't have V5. I'll try re-installing the CDP of the engine. (That worked)

Realized this: The problem is not the asset itself, the problem is when its literally DELETING ITSELF, like its self-aware or from Star Trek or something!
    Last edited by DARTrider; June 15th, 2021 at 04:34 PM.

If you download :5 from either of the sources I posted above, and keep it handy, you can always drag the .cdp back to cm and install it again. I can't imagine why it would keep happening, but I would think eventually it would have to take. I do seem to have some similar issues with EDBRs and such, I am not sure what happens to cause my virtually perfect cm to all of a sudden turn red with missing dependencies that did not seem to be missing before, but it is making me squeamish to do any DBRs! I have TRS2019SP3.

Ok, I'll download the V5 version and keep it in my KUID folder.