Thread: Utah Belt SD40-2's

Default Utah Belt SD40-2's

Hello all.

I just started work on a new route of mine based on the Utah Belt. Its a fictional subdivision of the UB in northwestern Utah that stretches into Idaho. Anyways I'm wanting to operate some SD40-2's on the layout in helper service alongside JR's UB SD45, But that's besides the point.
    I had done some surfing on YouTube and the Internet and discovered this video. It contains a route showcase with UB locomotives. Go to this URL: https://youtu.be/KSzH6bykV_4?t=476 and the first locomotives you see are UB SD40-2's! They look (and sound) like they're from JointedRail or some site that has reskin permissions. Does anyone know of these and where they came from? I tried "Utah Belt SD40-2" in Google and nothing came up except for HO scale models, so any help is appreciated

Thank you!

I think its an old JR payware pack before they redid there website. Which would put it like 5 years ago. I have a UB SD40-2, SD45, SD50, SD60M and a SD70ace but cant seem to find them anywhere.

Interesting, I guess that means no UB SD40-2's for me! Probably could ask if the JR Devs are gonna re-publish it or make it freeware. Thank you!

There are, however, some excellent Utah Belt GP38-2s available from NorfolkSouthern37 on the DLS: <kuid2:45324:100013:3> Utah Belt GP38-2
    They look and sound great and perform well on TRS19-Platinum.

The JR UB locos I have are as follows. There doesn't seem to be an SD40 available from them. (The last three are from the UB pack they released two-three years ago.)

Maybe from "The Erecting Hall"? (If from there, I never installed it apparently. Certainly can't find it.)

ALCO RS1 - Utah Belt
    EMD GP38-2 – UB
    EMD SD45 - UB
    EMD SD50 - UB
    EMD SD60M - UB
    EMD SW1500 – UB
    EMD SD7 – UB
    EMD GP9 - UB
    EMD GP7 - UB