What is a "Gimmiepig?"

"Gimmepigs" are the contents of my inbox after I post a screenshot of a private reskin.

"Hey are you going to release the..."

"Hey can you send me the..."

And they never take "no" for an answer.

Matt

Oh boy, guess I know what's coming if my simple reskins get attention. I just started making simple patch-outs for content, but if the gimmiepigs find out its gonna be bad...No one to my knowledge has made a patched BN GP35.

I kind of like Paul's (Pcas1986) idea for a forum thread for requests. These can be taken as ideas or ignored at everyone's leisure, but it gives folks a chance to get requests out there, hopefully politely. And of course you will have certain people hammering it with unending requests and mile-long posts, but I note that JR has two request threads under their 3rd Party forum (one for locos, one for other). What their decision process is for actually choosing what they will make, I don't know, but it is fun to see the pictures people submit and think "oh yeah", or "nah!" in my own mind.

I think that's a good idea. Gives people the chance to get their ideas out, especially if no one has done it before. Haven't seen anyone make a B23-7 yet, maybe someone will request it.

I think I have seen some gimmiepigs in JR's up-and-coming thread as well. That's just disrespectful to go in to an up-and-coming thread and say "Can you send me that so I can...." or "I'd love to have that so I can reskin it before its released." Incredibly disrespectful.

Last edited:
Oh boy, guess I know what's coming if my simple reskins get attention. I just started making simple patch-outs for content, but if the gimmiepigs find out its gonna be bad...No one to my knowledge has made a patched BN GP35. ...

I was wrong. Very rarely they're asking. Usually it's more...

"You should send me..."

"Where will you release..."

Matt

.. as you can see in my user title i really am a gimmiepig ..
who's picking up all the gems, strewn by generous and prolific authorz .. free- ànd payware ..
grunting with happiness .. wallowing in pleasure and lavishness .. begging with big manga-eyes ..
sometimes i even have a request .. but if no one responds to it, i move on with my life and am very satisfied with what i have in my gathering ..
as a collector i select critically and with a certain taste .. and display it in my dioramas ..
above all : i am very, very grateful to the creatorz and have a lot of respect for their skillz ..

it's just a name : a word i use in a humorous way with a poetic flavor ..
maybe some people don't like my "title" and are ignoring me .. that's their choice, which i respect ..
and in the meantime i'm a happy and satisfied piggy and having fun ..
have a healthy and wonderful life everybody .. and thankz a lot again creatorz, authorz and imagineerz ..
grtz with much love
daveric

My route goes through a lot of farming communities, where you'll see horses, chickens, goats, cows, deer in the fields...etc.
I'd love it if someone can make hogs ............but if i ask, I'd be a gimmepig.......or........a gimme dat pig.....:confused:

Last edited:
My route goes through a lot of farming communities, where you'll see horses, chickens, goats, cow's, dear in the fields...etc.
I'd love it if someone can make hogs ............but if i ask, I'd be a gimmepig.......or........a gimme dat pig.....:confused:

LOL Gimme dat pig. :p

Vulcan has made many horses and critters and many have been uploaded recently to the DLS. You might be able to farm some up there.

LOL Gimme dat pig. :p

Vulcan has made many horses and critters and many have been uploaded recently to the DLS. You might be able to farm some up there.

Thanks John ! ..........yes, I admit it This makes me a ..........."gimme dat pig" offender.

A gimmie pig is a pig that doesn't produce any bacon:hehe:

Cheers

That's probably true also. I have had weak moments were I could have been classified as a " gimme dat pig ".....( for my empty hog pens).........."a chauvinist pig" ( for simply winking at a big boned ...something or other..... just to be nice.......and most definitely....a "ham".

Gimme Pigs be like:

Can You Give Me The Link So I Can Reskin it??????????????????????????????????????????????? Even If I Pay Please?????????????????????

I also play Fallout 76 which is a multi player online game and another player asked me "can you give me some 5.56 ammo ?". I dropped like 60 rounds and he bellowed "IS THAT ALL YOU HAVE ? I NEED MORE !". That's a gimmiepig.

I've come real close to calling out the "gimmepigs" on Discord. I've had to bite my fingers and just walk away it gets so bad sometimes. I can predict WHO will be asking "DROOL... POG... is it released?" just about every time now.

Back