Old NARM Trainz Group stuff giving me an error when trying to download it.

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
Hello All.

Anyone remember the North American Railroad Manufacturing Trainz Group's old site? I found a video of their Demonstrator SD40-2's and wanted to download them, but the download link did nothing, so I used the Wayback Machine to try and do it THAT way. I found the engines and pressed "Download," but when I got to the download page (Mega) it gave me some stupid error "Filename: blob:https://web.archive.org/dd6c6a26-0805-4403-9f49-5de8a4dd7047:1
Exception: SyntaxError: WorkerGlobalScope.importScripts: Failed to load worker script at "/_static/wombatWorkers.js
." What the heck is THAT? I'm no expert on website design or HTML, but its definitely and error.

Can someone tell me what the heck happened and why the stuff was pulled from NARM anyway, It looks like high-quality stuff.

Thanks in advance.

TL;DR: Tried to download old NARM Trainz Group stuff using Wayback Machine, Mega (File-sharing website) gives me an error.

Wayback Machine is a hit or miss with files in general to be honest.

We took down the HP Trainz models off of our website due to being the content showing their age and wanting to get more higher quality SD40-2's up so they're no longer available for download.
Mega probably has something in their systems that prevents the Wayback Machine from archiving the file so that might be the reason for the error you are seeing.

We hope to get the higher quality SD40-2's up soon, but at this moment we have no time frame due to life being a priorty with the owner and members.

Cheers

That error simply means that the javascript code that the download button called was not found. Not surprising that the wayback webcrawler missed it. I never visited that site. It might be that some sort of e-commerce system was used to manage downloads similar to the way that jointed rail's site handles freeware.

William

Wayback Machine is a hit or miss with files in general to be honest.

We took down the HP Trainz models off of our website due to being the content showing their age and wanting to get more higher quality SD40-2's up so they're no longer available for download.
Mega probably has something in their systems that prevents the Wayback Machine from archiving the file so that might be the reason for the error you are seeing.

We hope to get the higher quality SD40-2's up soon, but at this moment we have no time frame due to life being a priorty with the owner and members.

Cheers

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for letting me know.

That error simply means that the javascript code that the download button called was not found. Not surprising that the wayback webcrawler missed it. I never visited that site. It might be that some sort of e-commerce system was used to manage downloads similar to the way that jointed rail's site handles freeware.

William

Interesting, I thought the Wayback Machine would find it. Thanks for the info.

Back