Please let us buy the digital copy of Trainz: The Complete Collection .

I'm one of those users who didn't buy the old Trainz versions when they were on sale in the Trainz store and now i can't find any digital copies .

Boxed versions aren't available in my country , and i don't want to spend money on CDs / DVDs that were already registered on someone else's trainz account . ( plus the postage fee would be high , i would have to wait days , and the arrival the item isn't guaranted )

Just let the Complete Collection available in the store , i would buy it .

Thank you .

This is not a criticism. Just out of curiosity ...

Just let the Complete Collection available in the store , i would buy it .

Why?

I delete any and all previous versions of Trainz almost as soon as I upgrade to the next version (after making any necessary asset transfers). I just recently deleted T:ANE from my system after discovering that it was still there 2 years after installing TRS19 (I obviously slipped up there).

The thought of going back to use TRS2004, 2006 et al does not interest me at all, not even for nostalgia. But I accept that others have their reasons for doing so.

Unfortunately Windows 10 does not particularly like running some of the older versions of Trains even in compatibility mode as I found out trying to setup an old laptop for a young relative to tinker with while preserving my TRS19 setup. Windows 7 I found more tolerant but settle for Linux in the end which I've learnt is far quicker to reinstall after being trashed more than once. However I do understand the appeal of owning the various versions of Trainz. Peter

Last edited:
I have had a few secondhand boxed copies of Trainz and I found that the serials registered with no issues. I'm guessing that the previous owners of them either had no clue what Planet Auran is and didn't bother making an account or there is some way of "deregistering" the games. The games I managed to get secondhand are. TRS2009 (My first Trainz product bought for me by my father.), UTC and then the original Trainz. I currently have the original and UTC installed on a Dell Dimension 2400 of mine that I use for playing old games from the days. 2009 installed on it but for it to run it needs settings turned down.

This is not a criticism. Just out of curiosity ...
Why?

I would guess for the same reason I keep a copy of a book on a shelf even though I may now have it as an eBook. Benefits of eBooks are outstanding and I love them. They are part of my job. (turning text files into eBooks, each into pdf, mobi, ePub.) I'm 68 with fading eyes. I can bump up the text size and read white on dark (or any number of other settings) and carry hundreds of books and study materials with me on my iPad. Again, I love eBooks and I'm an advocate for eBooks. But there are select books I just have to have on my shelf.

Games/software is not the same me personally, but for some people, they have to have those old copies they can hold in their hands... and.. Memories come floating out....

I would guess for the same reason I keep a copy of a book on a shelf even though I may now have it as an eBook. Benefits of eBooks are outstanding and I love them. They are part of my job. (turning text files into eBooks, each into pdf, mobi, ePub.) I'm 68 with fading eyes. I can bump up the text size and read white on dark (or any number of other settings) and carry hundreds of books and study materials with me on my iPad. Again, I love eBooks and I'm an advocate for eBooks. But there are select books I just have to have on my shelf.

Games/software is not the same me personally, but for some people, they have to have those old copies they can hold in their hands... and.. Memories come floating out....

I have a library of very expensive piano music books with some costing upwards of $65 or more per volume with multiple volumes per set. I also have an ancient DELL XPS-18 tablet and a full library of that music and then some in a proprietary format requiring a program in order to load the music. That is in addition to PDFs that I keep copies of as well. For me the tablet works out well when I want to play elsewhere because I can take my music with me without carrying a trunk load of books since my memorization skills are nil these days. The tablet also allows me to turn pages quickly plus annotate the music easily and use a metronome at the same time. The added bonus is I can zoom in the music if I need to. My eyes too are not as good as they used to be. With fingerings and other notations at the equivalent size of ants or smaller, the zoom feature allows me to get up close to see the details.

Would I ever get rid of my music books? The pure and simple answer is never! There are memories associated with purchasing or receiving this music as gifts. I open up one of the older books, some of which I only paid $7.95 a volume instead of $45 today for the same books, and I remember the day I received it. There is also that smell that books have that is truly absent from computers. It's like going into a real shoe store and buying a pair of leather shoes. The paper too is a high-quality rag paper in some of these books, however, sadly some of my older music is not acid free and is dissolving over the years and turning to dust, but the Henle Urtext editions are acid-free and sit in pristine condition on my shelf.

Computer software has its own lifespan sadly which is a lot shorter than physical books and even the hardware upon which it runs. I have all the versions listed on my timeline and still keep TS12, TANE on my computer. I have installed and removed a short time afterwards, TRS2009, TS2010 and prior versions. The older versions, such as TRS2006 had a snit and hung. It's got the earliest network drivers and hangs when it goes out on the network. TRS2004 works better, andTRS2009 through TS12 work fine.

Having TS12 and TANE installed does have its advantages. With those versions handy, I'm able to convert older routes I've downloaded in the past and update them enough to import them directly into TRS19 without too many problems afterwards. The quality of the routes in some cases, especially my own routes, have something to be desired but it's great getting some of the older ones up and running and even improving them in the current iteration of Trainz.

Back