Copy Paste Corruption

kaw4014

Just now I was copy-pasting a medum-sized square of trees and every time I pasted, there were these little square white spots that would NOT go away. CTRL-z didn't work, selecting an empty area and pasting it on top of the corrupted area didn't work, and trying to delete them (I tried ever applicable side bar tab) all didn't work. I wasn't even pasting that large of an area, 2-3 boxcars in length at most.

I ended up exiting without saving and losing an hours worth of progress, very frustrating. That ended up "fixing" the bug.

Has this happened to anyone else? And how did this happen? How do I prevent/fix this?

Not certain, but it sounds like it could be a screen refresh problem. Next time it happens, you could try simply zooming all the way out and up, then zoom back in to the same location. This forces a screen re-draw and might get rid of the graphic anomalies. I often need to use the same trick when seasonal textures don’t automatically appear when they should. Trainz seems to be a bit lazy in that respect.

interesting....

Not certain, but it sounds like it could be a screen refresh problem. Next time it happens, you could try simply zooming all the way out and up, then zoom back in to the same location. This forces a screen re-draw and might get rid of the graphic anomalies. I often need to use the same trick when seasonal textures don’t automatically appear when they should. Trainz seems to be a bit lazy in that respect.

Interesting, I'll use this if it pops up again. Thanks!

Back