.
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Error PropertyBrowserRefresh() not handled on engines with .gse scripts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States of America, New York, Suffern
    Posts
    1,035
     

    Exclamation Error PropertyBrowserRefresh() not handled on engines with .gse scripts

    I'm currently in the process of moving my content from TANE to TRS2019 and I noticed that whenever I have an engine with a .gse script file. I get an error message saying: Error PropertyBrowserRefresh() not handled. "A script error occurred while attempting to edit the properties of this asset." The game has locked the script on Steve Lerro's new Southern Ps-4 and other engines with this type of script. I asked him what to do and followed along. I tried an extended rebuild database, and enabled debug modes, and nothing worked. Is there a way to resolve this issue.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    29,732
     

    Default

    Try reinstalling the engines and dependencies again and see if that helps.

    You might want also to clear out the cache/libraries folder and run a extended DBR beforehand. I know you ran a DBR, but an EDR may be more helpful in this instance. To run an extended DBR, press the CTRL-key at the same time while selecting Repair database.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States of America, New York, Suffern
    Posts
    1,035
     

    Default

    I'll give that a try. I also already tried reinstalling the locomotives once and that didn't seem to work.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States of America, New York, Suffern
    Posts
    1,035
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Try reinstalling the engines and dependencies again and see if that helps.

    You might want also to clear out the cache/libraries folder and run a extended DBR beforehand. I know you ran a DBR, but an EDR may be more helpful in this instance. To run an extended DBR, press the CTRL-key at the same time while selecting Repair database.
    The second option didn't work either. Steve said that it takes several extended database repairs to see some change. If this can't get fixed, I might have to buy the TS12 versions from now on.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    29,732
     

    Default

    I would listen to what Steve has to say since he's the creator of the assets.

    I just tried some of his locomotives in TRS19 and they work fine.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States of America, New York, Suffern
    Posts
    1,035
     

    Default

    It turns out the .gse has nothing to do with the issue. I noticed the tenders are having the same problem. The only difference is that they have a .gs file. So it must be something else that's causing the issue.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States of America, New York, Suffern
    Posts
    1,035
     

    Default

    In this photo below, I tried to take the 2 lines with the lilb script. As a result, it unlocks the script, but acts like a normal non-scripted engine. Every show/hide item shows on the locomotive, and cannot be changed unless you edit the config file. I also looked at other engines, and it turns out no engine with lilb's scripts work in TRS2019 on my side. I still don't know why the system does that. I may have to go with a different approach.


    UPDATE: I just solved the problem. I deleted the locally installed lilb script asset, and everything now works.
    Last edited by NewYorkCentral; June 9th, 2021 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Problem sovled!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, South Jersey
    Posts
    2,065
    Blog Entries
    1
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkCentral View Post
    If this can't get fixed, I might have to buy the TS12 versions from now on.
    All my K&L are the TS12 and earlier versions. They all through script exceptions in TRS19 in driver (IIRC also TANE sp1+) every time I uncouple. The gs files in their folders are just stubs that import encrypted .gse files from the library assets. But the problem is not the encryption - it's the code in the scripts needs to be fixed to be compatible with TANE SP1+ and TRS19. Encrypted just means we can't edit them to try to fix the problems ourselves. The TS12 versions all use Snook's encrypted libraries. I don't know what the K&L newer ones use. With the TS12 versions I don't get the exception you show in the OP.

    However something I personally find useful, is swapping out the loco's espec and replacing it with a different one in Surveyor. TANE and TRS19 both support this but Snook's libraries don't.

    Bob Pearson

    Just noticed your new post on my last preview. Yes you can just use the default N3V loco scripts (delete reference to Snook's scripts). You will however loose any special features that his scripts provide. But might be a temporary work around til a fix is found.
    Last edited by RPearson; June 9th, 2021 at 03:35 PM.
    TRAINZ-UTC-TRS04-TRS06-TC1&2-TC3-TS09-TS10-TS12-TANE(TEG)-TMR17-TRS19
    Member since 6-14-2002

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •