Error PropertyBrowserRefresh() not handled on engines with .gse scripts

NewYorkCentral

New York Central Railroad
I'm currently in the process of moving my content from TANE to TRS2019 and I noticed that whenever I have an engine with a .gse script file. I get an error message saying: Error PropertyBrowserRefresh() not handled. "A script error occurred while attempting to edit the properties of this asset." The game has locked the script on Steve Lerro's new Southern Ps-4 and other engines with this type of script. I asked him what to do and followed along. I tried an extended rebuild database, and enabled debug modes, and nothing worked. Is there a way to resolve this issue.

Error-Property-Browser-Refresh-not-handled.png

Try reinstalling the engines and dependencies again and see if that helps.

You might want also to clear out the cache/libraries folder and run a extended DBR beforehand. I know you ran a DBR, but an EDR may be more helpful in this instance. To run an extended DBR, press the CTRL-key at the same time while selecting Repair database.

Try reinstalling the engines and dependencies again and see if that helps.

You might want also to clear out the cache/libraries folder and run a extended DBR beforehand. I know you ran a DBR, but an EDR may be more helpful in this instance. To run an extended DBR, press the CTRL-key at the same time while selecting Repair database.

The second option didn't work either. Steve said that it takes several extended database repairs to see some change. If this can't get fixed, I might have to buy the TS12 versions from now on.

I would listen to what Steve has to say since he's the creator of the assets.

I just tried some of his locomotives in TRS19 and they work fine.

It turns out the .gse has nothing to do with the issue. I noticed the tenders are having the same problem. The only difference is that they have a .gs file. So it must be something else that's causing the issue.

In this photo below, I tried to take the 2 lines with the lilb script. As a result, it unlocks the script, but acts like a normal non-scripted engine. Every show/hide item shows on the locomotive, and cannot be changed unless you edit the config file. I also looked at other engines, and it turns out no engine with lilb's scripts work in TRS2019 on my side. I still don't know why the system does that. I may have to go with a different approach.
no-lilb-script.png

UPDATE: I just solved the problem. I deleted the locally installed lilb script asset, and everything now works.

Last edited:
If this can't get fixed, I might have to buy the TS12 versions from now on.
All my K&L are the TS12 and earlier versions. They all through script exceptions in TRS19 in driver (IIRC also TANE sp1+) every time I uncouple. The gs files in their folders are just stubs that import encrypted .gse files from the library assets. But the problem is not the encryption - it's the code in the scripts needs to be fixed to be compatible with TANE SP1+ and TRS19. Encrypted just means we can't edit them to try to fix the problems ourselves. The TS12 versions all use Snook's encrypted libraries. I don't know what the K&L newer ones use. With the TS12 versions I don't get the exception you show in the OP.

However something I personally find useful, is swapping out the loco's espec and replacing it with a different one in Surveyor. TANE and TRS19 both support this but Snook's libraries don't.

Bob Pearson

Just noticed your new post on my last preview. Yes you can just use the default N3V loco scripts (delete reference to Snook's scripts). You will however loose any special features that his scripts provide. But might be a temporary work around til a fix is found.

Last edited:
help what is a lilb script

What is a lib script and how do I make it (not) do stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
-- stuff that no longer is readable removed --

First of all, remove the swears, implied or not from your post. That language is not acceptable here.

The script is used by many, many steam locomotives to assist with various functions and was made by someone whose username is lilb. Generally, there are few issues with the script but there sometimes is. If you don't have any issues with the script, don't worry about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back