Why isn't TrainzDivide's Rock Island F7A download not working?

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
Hello all.
I did a random search to see what I could find under "Rock Island F7A Trainz" and a link to TrainzDivide's F7A popped up. I clicked it and went to install the F7A, and it redirected me to a file-sharing site. I pressed the download button, but it said "It's already in progress" so I waited around. After 10 minutes of nothing I decided to create an account to see if that'd help. I clicked "Log In" and selected the email option but when I clicked it it just took me back to the download area. It didn't show a preview either, and I thought it was pretty weird so I decided to try and look around. After not finding anything I decided to make this forum post to see where that'd get me. Thanks for helping!

Not enough information in your post above.

Is this asset on the DLS or a 3rd party web site?

Does it have a <kuid> value?

... and your post title is confusing. "Why ISN'T TrainzDivide's Rock Island F7A download NOT working?" implies that it is working (double negative).

Hallo DARTrider, yes You are correct, box.com download button is not working properly, second problem is mistype in the Trainzdivide's locomotives subpage web address (lococmotives instead locomotives). There is functional workaround available for downloading so I've succeeded to download the cdp. Open the page with desired download in the Chrome browser, press Ctrl+Shift+I, select the Network tab, press Download button on the box.com page, some additional lines in the explore window will appear, one of the lines will include something like "...=box_download_shared_file_..., copy that entire link, insert to the new browser window address line, hit Enter and You are done!

In the meantime, you might try Fourteen's six versions on the DLS:

<kuid2:327871:100770:3> Rock Island F7A # V1
<kuid2:327871:100729:3> Rock Island F7A # V5
<kuid2:327871:100769:2> Rock Island F7A # V2
<kuid2:327871:100781:2> Rock Island F7A # V3
<kuid2:327871:100806:2> Rock Island F7A # V6
<kuid2:327871:100782:2> Rock Island F7A # V4

Not enough information in your post above.

Is this asset on the DLS or a 3rd party web site?

Does it have a <kuid> value?

... and your post title is confusing. "Why ISN'T TrainzDivide's Rock Island F7A download NOT working?" implies that it is working (double negative).

Oh, its a 3rd-party site, and there isn't a KUID value. Also, I love how I didn't point out that I contradicted myself :)

Hallo DARTrider, yes You are correct, box.com download button is not working properly, second problem is mistype in the Trainzdivide's locomotives subpage web address (lococmotives instead locomotives). There is functional workaround available for downloading so I've succeeded to download the cdp. Open the page with desired download in the Chrome browser, press Ctrl+Shift+I, select the Network tab, press Download button on the box.com page, some additional lines in the explore window will appear, one of the lines will include something like "...=box_download_shared_file_..., copy that entire link, insert to the new browser window address line, hit Enter and You are done!

Cool, thanks for helping me!

Back