route ideas for prototypical operation

Greetings,

coming from a discussion, we are wondering what would be a fitting route to model prototypical operations. We have a few things in mind what it should be covered and collect ideas what existing routes could be used but what do you think would be a nice one?
I guess it might need to be separated between single and multiplayer mode. For tasks it most likely needs to cover branch service for industries from/to a yard and some line haul to another yard or off-route/(i-)portal possibly. Also important would be industry-to-industry service which of course should have some distance between them. Unit trains, manifest trains, intermodal service, passenger service? Are there nice DLCs routes that offer sufficient variety? Are there any routes without strong dependence to many different DLCs? What else would be needed? Any ideas or route suggestions where you would like to see such operation simulation and - why?
Would love to learn some new routes. Thanks for any feedback!
Lockheed

Greetings,

coming from a discussion, we are wondering what would be a fitting route to model prototypical operations. We have a few things in mind what it should be covered and collect ideas what existing routes could be used but what do you think would be a nice one?
I guess it might need to be separated between single and multiplayer mode. For tasks it most likely needs to cover branch service for industries from/to a yard and some line haul to another yard or off-route/(i-)portal possibly. Also important would be industry-to-industry service which of course should have some distance between them. Unit trains, manifest trains, intermodal service, passenger service? Are there nice DLCs routes that offer sufficient variety? Are there any routes without strong dependence to many different DLCs? What else would be needed? Any ideas or route suggestions where you would like to see such operation simulation and - why?
Would love to learn some new routes. Thanks for any feedback!
Lockheed

You might look at my FDL Fond du Lac Branch. It's ~50 Km/30 miles of historic Wisconsin branch line with a balance between agriculture and industry, and lots of interchange. It includes intermodal, bulk product and manifest operations. The intro session is a passenger run and Saturday A.M. Patrol​ is an intro to freight ops. It's not designed with multiplayer in mind but might be made to work. If you can get multiplayer to work at all...

:B~)

FDL route

Now that is a route with plenty of industry variety, also some portals for incoming and outgoing traffic. Perfectly suitable for single player. With the many sessions you might want to add an achievement ;)
A default multiplayer shouldn't be a problem I think if the tasks can be isolated to certain areas. Actually ... not sure I seen MP session making use of portal ... should give it a try and make an mp test session there ...
Lockheed

Back