Thread: Quitting 3D modeling. Giving away files.

Default Quitting 3D modeling. Giving away files.

Hello.
    I've decided to quit 3d modeling, and pursue coding and game development, so all my projects are dead. I likely wont be on here that much, as I'm also quitting trainz (for now) for TSW2. For anyone whos interested in making something with them, here is my entire projects folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...y0?usp=sharing

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Thats a very generous offer and I, for one, will be sad to see you depart the content creation scene. 3d modelling is something that I have tried, several times, to get into but it has always defeated me (yes, there will be those who will say it is simple and perhaps it is). As a result I do hold a reverence for those who have mastered that dark art.
    TRS19 Platinum Edition build 111951

I have the same regard as Pware, and thank you for your creations to date, and for allowing others to build on your work, Dundun92.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Thank you. I couldn't grasp the PBR texturing, and importing was a pain. I managed to import a few, but for the most part, I was more of an artist. Most of the newer projects are found in the Trainz-Ready folder (though none of them are actually ready for trainz!). The PRR A3 Peckett 0-6-0, and light Mikado are probably the most completed 3d models, and some of them have the attachment points and child parts in trainz format.

Blog Entries

Appreciate your generosity very much. I downloaded the files and may - although I wouldn't hold my breath - see if I can get a few into Blender to see if I can actually edit them. Not a stranger to 3d modeling but for some reason I haven't been able to get started again and it's not the same type of modeling I did many years ago. Back then I made models - mainly 3d meshes - to analyze stress and deformation in marine structures. Accuracy was paramount, texture mapping wasn't even a consideration.

Bob Pearson
    TRAINZ-UTC-TRS04-TRS06-TC1&2-TC3-TS09-TS10-TS12-TANE(TEG)-TMR17-TRS19
    Member since 6-14-2002

Actually most of them are in blend format (As they were made in blender), and are
    already animated and have bones on them (the animations should still be playable and editable). If you look on my YouTube channel, you will see the walcharts valve gear in action. I think I made one diesel, a uk ruston 88ds, who's model was actually finished except the cab.

One thing I forgot to mention is that you can do anything with the models. You can even release it as payware if you want.

Thanks

Thank you Dundun92, I appreciate your work and it is sad indeed to see a creator leave the community.

Your modeling skills are quite impressive- after going over a few of them and even getting one functional in game they look amazing.

I never saw a creator give away his files/meshes to anyone without restrictions. Most creators are very protective of their work. But I understand that these are incomplete files.