Issues downloading latest patch

I am running into a persistent issue each time I attempt to update TS19 to the latest patch (SP3 111951). Whenever I open the patch installer, the program immediately fails to respond and will not progress at all. Any tips or ideas for what the cause may be and how to fix it?

I would close out of the Launcher and use the patch-installer instead. It does the same as is done within the Launcher except without the Launcher.

This is located in the directory (folder) where the program is installed C:\Program Files\N3V Games\TRS19, or wherever else you put it.

When you start that up, you need to specify the folder where TRS19 is located, which is the same and click on the TRS19.exe

You then need to choose the correct Trainz version you have.

In the list, ensure you are picking Platinum and not any of the beta versions.

You should then be able to then hit next, and the update should download. I'm going from memory here on the update process so I may have gotten the details a bit vauge.

Now before you start, we always recommend you backup your program its self and your data to a separate drive or location. Given the amount of data, use an external USB drive rather than thumb drives, or a separate large internal drive.

Re-download TRS19 from your my Trainz page. It will install a new up-to-date version. Once installed delete the new build folder and copy your other build folder to that location. Reset the path to that folder in your launcher settings/install window. Do a DBR and you are set to go.

Re-download TRS19 from your my Trainz page. It will install a new up-to-date version. Once installed delete the new build folder and copy your other build folder to that location. Reset the path to that folder in your launcher settings/install window. Do a DBR and you are set to go.
Can I ask where my build folder is?

It shows on your Trainz "Install" tab. (Trainz Settings > Install > Local Data Folder) - you can move it and rename it as long as this entry points to it.

I got lost on what you are updating... you didn't get the TS22 beta did you? It creates a new user data folder (but the old one is still available.) But I see you are trying to update to SP3 so your old userdata folder is there somewhere. You should be able to find it using search. Search your system for a "assets.tdx" file and/or "asset-cache.tdx" file.

Just find the old folder. In trainz launcher open settings and select install. Now direct the path to your old folder and do a DBR. It should now show all your old content.

Back