How do i change where things download?

UHG

I want to download content for the game like routes/maps and different locomotives and rolling stock but i'm not sure how to change the download area from the C drive to my big boi E drive. Can someone help me out and tell me how to change where it downloads? (downloading things from the actual trainz launcher)

I think it's a folder path you put into the Trainz launcher - Settings - Install tab where it says "Local data folder:"

pZYFZS9.jpg

Last edited:
If you are using Content Manager to do the downloading and installing then the new assets will go straight into your Trainz database, there is no download area or download file(s). The user folder, as mentioned above, will identify the location of your Trainz database.

If you want the CM downloads as CDP files, I notice they appear in the \Userdata\cache\internet folder. I suspect they only stay there temporarily until the cache is cleared, or whatever, so copy them to some other place before closing Trainz down. They come with nonsense filenames, so you would need a utility to see what's in them and name them accordingly.

You can't change where things download separate from where the data is installed. You also can't separate the kinds of data either because that is determined within Content Manager. You can, however, move all your data to your E: drive.

Follow the instructions on the link provided right there in content manager.

The process is easy and in summary it boils down to this.

Move your content to a new place.
Start up TRS19.
At the Launcher click on install tab.
Browse to the new location and click the open button.

Things will want restart and you'll be done.

We highly recommend you use this opportunity rename the folder to something more understandable than Build-something, where something is some sequence of letters and numbers. I called my data-folder TRS19_DATA. Simple.

Back