Three very basic questions re TrainzPlus

Yorkshire

I have just watched a review Utube on the Swanage demo route by PortlineParker. It was very impressive so I have downloaded it. According to the review notes it is built in Trainz Plus. Now I have not as yet indulged in Trainz Plus having kept to the basic Trainz 2019. So I was intrigued to discover that after the download it actually opened in my version.

I have three questions: -

If I update to TrainzPlus, does it either a) Update my existing TRS2019 or b) install as a separate programme - or can you choose from either of those 2 alternatives?

If I update and create a route in TrainzPlus and upload it, is it downloadable and driveable in TRS2019, or does it require TrainzPlus, my experience of downloading Swanage is that it is compatible with TRS2019.

I noticed that PortlineParker places double invisible signals infront of some buffers and at the entrance to a siding. What is the purpose of that?

Thanks for any answers.

Yorkshire

As I understand it, if you have TRS19 already, and are patched up to date, a silver class membership of Plus means you get 'hired' access to all the DLC, and the other freebies on the latest public release - TB 4.8.

If you get Gold access you get the latest version of Trainz and early sight of the next beta versions before they are generally available, as well as all the DLC. I would think having a seperate install for Gold would be advisable, and it would not be somewhere to develop a route, more for playing with the new features and content.

I think the double invisible signal is so AI trains will get close to the buffer stop, and not stop too short. The other way around this is extending the track with invisible track and putting the final stop some way beyond the (dummy) bufferstop.

Routes created in TRS19, TRS19 Platinum Edition and Trainz Plus are fully interchangeable provided they are fully updated to the same SP version (SP3). The only practical difference between the three programs is the tools that they provide for route and session creation, the routes and sessions themselves are unaffected. It is like creating a Word 2003 document in MS Word or in Open Office, the document is the same but the tools used to create the document are different.

The key is the route asset build number (not to be confused with the Trainz software code build number). The latest versions of all three programs will create routes using asset build 4.8 but they can still load routes with lower asset build numbers (e.g. 4.7 created by TRS19 SP2). Earlier versions of TRS19 and Trainz Plus will not be able to load routes with asset build 4.8.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Many thanks everyone for the responses - now got it! Decision now whether to bother trying T'Plus or wait to see what comes next!

Note: Plus and Gold Plus are not the same.

Plus does not have the "free" DLC option and is a cheaper option than Gold Plus.
Gold Plus has the DLC and latest features.

In simplest terms: Plus subscription gives access to all beta updates. Gold subscripiton gives access to all beta updates and all payware content.

See this outdated chart -
(SP1 should now say SP3) All TRS19 downloads as of today would be SP3 release 111961.
http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs
(very bottom line "Regular New Game Features" tranlates to "access to beta releases" ie "want to take a chance and beta test?")

Sorry for being late to the party and for dragging up an old post!

@Yorkshire to answer your question about Trainz Plus, it's because some of the full route uses content from some of the builtin DLC routes that are only available with Plus or a higher subscription.

To buy them all separately would cost around $100AU so I have advised everyone who wants it to use it in Plus.

The route will of course work in any version of TRS19 with the same build, but you will then be missing some assets - such as trees which make quite a difference.

I'm glad you like it though - I am working on this as I type and it's getting closer to completion each day!

Cheers,

PLP

Back