Corp Gp38-3 and Gp 40-2 has problems

revans

Train Veteran
Hi
Dose anyone know why the arn are not showing in game and the gp 40-2 is not showing is it all distorted i just downloaded this last night

Thanks
REvans

It could be any of multiple reasons. Need more info.

It is also important to remember that just because you download something now doesn't mean it wasn't created 10+ years ago.

Hi
Running it with TS12 Build 61388 on window 10 the only thing that i had to change was the build number from 2 to 2.9
REvans

I went to that particular download, and this is clearly advertised on it...

JointedRail content is currently supported ONLY in Trainz: A New Era SP4 build 105766 thru current Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 versions.

So the scripts are clearly not compatible to the version you're attempting to run it with. The rendering on the GP40-2 also highlights the incompatibility.

Last edited:
Most common problem with older jointed rail products is that they lack the fonts-path in their config file try doing this, 1- open the config file. find the line that says fonts this will usually be fallowed by a number. 2-click to add cursor to the end of that line then hit enter to opena space to add a new line. 3-Type in fonts-path space over till you are under the Number of the line above and type "mesh". This may change as to rum into this on other items. 4- save your changes and Close file.

I went to that particular download, and this is clearly advertised on it...

JointedRail content is currently supported ONLY in Trainz: A New Era SP4 build 105766 thru current Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 versions.

So the scripts are clearly not compatible to the version you're attempting to run it with. The rendering on the GP40-2 also highlights the incompatibility.

I have never had a problem downloading any content for that site all of the content say the same thing
Thanks jregner1955 that fixed the ARN problem but the GP40-2 is still showing distorted any quick fix for that one
Thanks
REvans

If you got these from Jointed rail's site you might try downloading the updated one that are on the DLS these are kuid2:45324:120002:2 for the GP38-3. kuid2:45324:120001:2 for the GP40-2,kuid2:175455:2558:1 for the GP38-3 No Logo. I remember that problem also but do not know what I did to fix it.

Hi
I think that i found the problem with the GP40-2 is all of the im files show nothing not sure on how to fix it can i just replaces al of the im files
Thanks
REvans

That distortion usually is with one of the files that are used to skin the body not the mesh (im) files. check all the tga and /or bmp files.

I just downloaded and installed all three of the updated version of these units that are on the DLS and It seems to me that these have all the problems fixed all ready. Try those Kuid Numbers are in #8.

Hi
Bingo that did the trick had to delete one file re-download the one from the DLS thanks for all of your help now i learn something from all of this so if i see this problem again i will know how to fix it thanks again for your time for helping me with this problems
Thanks
REvans

Anytime. PS. I found that the arn problem is in quite a few locomotives that were made by jointed rail and others before trainz 12.

Back