two separate names on a sign

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
I've made many objects with a one name, even displaying the same name on two or more sides but now I need to have two different names on the same sign. Is there a non-script way to do this so they can be changed in Surveyor? Has anyone made one and uploaded to the DLS?

I suppose a quick and easy way to achieve this visually is to stack two separate signs.

Is there a non-script way to do this so they can be changed in Surveyor? Has anyone made one and uploaded to the DLS?

I do recall, many years ago, using such a sign which I am fairly certain was downloaded from the DLS. Unfortunately I can recall none of the details. I suspect that it would have to have been a script based method.

I suppose a quick and easy way to achieve this visually is to stack two separate signs.

Probably a better solution in many ways as you can select the style/appearance of the sign. Moving it, however, can be tricky.

Thanks for the hint
Found a sign made by Willem2 back in 2012 that uses a script made by Boat. I've sent a PM to Boat to ask permission to also use his script.

Theres quite a few assets that use a script so that you can put multiple names on a sign. Sign Renamble in 2,3,4 lines and a bunch of Tumes buildings. You type what you want in the asset name in surveyor. Usually like line0,line1,line2 and then typing Text1,text2,text3.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. Looks like a scripted sign is the only workable solution as stacking two or more signs is not really doable.
Waiting for permission to use Boat's script asis otherwise I'll have to find my scripting pencil and write one myself.

Back