Container - Demo Session?

boleyd

Most of my time has been spent building and decorating railroads. Real-life sessions are the next thing I am trying. Messing with boxcars has quickly showed me why containers are becoming more popular. However, I have not seen a session with container delivery, unloading, loading truck and then the unloading of those things. Is there a nice dynamic route/session that illustrates not only the visual attributes but the How It Is Done aspect?

Arrival process, sorting process, delivery process. Then the opposite direction loading to the train, then delivery to container yard, sorting, etc.

Most of my time has been spent building and decorating railroads. Real-life sessions are the next thing I am trying. Messing with boxcars has quickly showed me why containers are becoming more popular. However, I have not seen a session with container delivery, unloading, loading truck and then the unloading of those things. Is there a nice dynamic route/session that illustrates not only the visual attributes but the How It Is Done aspect?

Arrival process, sorting process, delivery process. Then the opposite direction loading to the train, then delivery to container yard, sorting, etc.

I would start with the basic building block, the container station as it's called in Trainz.

<kuid:-25:36> Container Station
<kuid:-25:37> Container Station Basic

Look at the Produce and Consume that these two assets use. Specifically the Containers;

<kuid:-3:10014> 20ft Container
<kuid:-3:10041> 40ft Container

Now you can start looking for rolling stock that can load these containers. Remember what the icon looks like as there are many types of other containers these wagons can load.

As far as getting it onto a truck? No one has aced that one yet, that I know of. The truck would need to run on invisible track, have a semi tractor (loco) and a trailer (wagon) that could be loaded. Good project for someone maybe, but this is Trainz and the semi truck would generally be seen as scenery.

The route that I just released, Chicago Museum of Science and Industry Model Railroad, has one of its working AI's running a container train from Chicago to Seattle and back and would be a good example. It includes an unlocked base session.

Back