JR signals and raildriver problem

emcnally

Hi,

I am having a problem with signals not working unless the facing direction of the train is in the forward state(Red Signal). I was sure that I have been able to use my raildriver before but now I have to change direction using the change direction command instead of using the reverser. Can this be fixed? N3V says its happening because you have created the signals to be used using the change direction command and they wont give a proper signal unless the change direction button is used to face the signal.

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

I am having a problem with signals not working unless the facing direction of the train is in the forward state(Red Signal). I was sure that I have been able to use my raildriver before but now I have to change direction using the change direction command instead of using the reverser. Can this be fixed? N3V says its happening because you have created the signals to be used using the change direction command and they wont give a proper signal unless the change direction button is used to face the signal.

Thanks for any help.

This is how the signals/locos work. I know it's annoying and makes driving in the interior difficult because we have to keep switching the forward-face of the locomotive towards the signals. I mentioned this before when I thought it was a bug initially.

That is correct. The train heading must be toward the signal for it to signal to you and there are many good reasons for that. This is not a bug and is an important part of AI interaction.

The real problem here is how the train facing works with the reverser direction. If you are in a reverse facing locomotive interior that is not equipped with an appropriate view this further complicates things.

Oh, a design feature! For sanity's sake I quit using the JR signals a while back.

As to the RailDriver, you might try this:
. Start Trainz
. on Main Menu pick Settings
. Control Settings
. Driver Settings
. Reverse Train Heading: set the "alternate" to an unused button on the RailDriver.

I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS, so no guarantees, but it's all I can think of.

:B~\

Well the CNR signals so far do not work like you are describing. You can pass the signal then reverse and do not have to use the change direction key. Zec from N3V says that its because of the way you have scripted your signals that they work that way. I am working on setting and testing other signals to see if others will react to train movement in the direction of the signal.

Thanks for your replies but maybe take a look at the CNR way and see how they scripted them.

I understand that other trainz signals do not work this way but again, this is not a bug and was done intentionally since it is how real controlled signals work and it is an important part of how these signals interact with the AI.

It is due to how the forward and reverse work with regard to train heading that brings up the issue. You can configure rail driver to switch the train direction, this is how i deal with the confusion that is direction in trainz.

I'll try that because I really dont want to get rid of the tri signals, but using the change direction key is very irritating.

Back