T:ANE for MAC - Setting trigger radius quits to desktop

swelch

Hi all,

I've just re-installed T:ANE for Mac after leaving it alone for a while and I'm having trouble setting the trigger radius on junctions.
Build no is 105963

This is the procedure I'm using:

• In surveyor, select the track panel and then the trigger tab
  • Click advanced
  • Set the trigger value to required value (doesn't matter what I set here)
  • Click the 'Set Trigger Radius' button
  • Click any junction on the route

T:ANE immediately quits back to the desktop.

Doesn't matter which track I use or which junction I click.

I've reported this as a bug but I was wondering if anyone else has come across this and has a solution.

Running on MAC OS Big Sur 11.3.1

best rgds
Steve

Last edited:
swelch/ Steve - Junctions are not triggers. Suggest click the trigger itself (if any) in the route that you wish to adjust the trigger radius for, and then apply the values. (Trackmark mode 'V' Advanced, 'Set radius' after entering the desired value (in metres) in the text box to the left. Click on the Trigger in the route to apply.)
Perhaps you mean to change the Junction Indicator Arrows size instead?
If so, suggest use the <kuid:-25:1271> 'Set Helper Icon Size' asset in your Session instead. Do this in Surveyor, Session Edit... mode. Add the 'Set Helper Icon Size' rule to your session and then apply the desired value (Say 50%) to ALL junctions and thus reduce the arrow sizes above junctions by half when viewed in Driver mode.

Last edited:
Hi there, thanks for the response. What I'm trying to do is set the max distance that junctions become locked when a train is approaching/going away from them. I think it currently defaults to 20m. I have a head shunt that isn't that long so I cannot get the engine far enough away from the junction to switch it. Is there some other method I can use to acheive this?

Good info on the helper icon size though - that will be useful.....

best rgds
Steve

On my latest build (TRS19_Platinum SP3/ 111951) AI locomotives will lock the junction ahead several hundred metres away if allowed and the junction is uncontested, but they release the junction as soon as the entire consist passes through.
In my experience, this behaviour has been similar since T:ANE. Not sure if there's a built-in method/ way to restrict the radius sensitivity of this junction-locking process via any settings menu.
You might need to use a rule such as: <kuid2:131986:210012:1> ReleaseJunction or; <kuid:-25:1269> Set Junctions or; <kuid2:122381:10010:3> Switch Junctions to achieve what you're looking for - or take a deep breath - and dive - into Interlocking Towers and path-setting.
Alternatively, look at G.M.'s excellent <kuid:99999:696969> Set_Driver_Conditions_Rule which provides a custom HUD to take command of a wide range of Driver settings, including fixing junctions ahead/ behind the current locomotive with a mouse-click, even in Cab View. To learn more about this remarkable asset, visit this thread and download Version 18 from the link you'll find there: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?162256-Set-Driver-Condition-Rule-(update)/page5

Another way I contrive to restrict the ability of an AI consist driver locking up a junction from miles away, is to place a track mark on his/her path to the junction relatively close to the junction (say 100 metres away) and include that track mark waypoint in his/her Driver Command schedule before the driver encounters the junction and is able to execute any subsequent path or driver commands. That way the AI driver can only seek to lock the junction AFTER reaching the track mark as they carry out their commands serially and sequentially. You could therefore, in theory, place that track mark quite close to the junction to reduce the 'spoofed trigger radius', but you'll need to take into account the speed of that AI consist and your rig's speed at reading and executing the driver commands script in your session, to avoid potential derailments.

Last edited:
Back