- Mexico - Ferrocarril de Altas Montañas (FdAM)

Its kind of a SD70ACS, similar to those used by SAR in Saudi Arabia

The rock assets are the "roccia 01-18" splines from trainzitalia

Took the liberty to convert to 1000mm and run some brasilian mining trains today. Will see if we can convert these to standard gauge and use for the FdAM later... :hehe:

2022-04-22-234955.jpg

2022-04-22-235051.jpg

Your routes and screenshots are always amazing. One of the best route builders I have ever seen.

The_Return_of_the_King_Banner.jpg

Seriously flusi, those scenes you're making are absolutely FIRE. I wouldn't be surprised if JR happened to pick you up as a route developer for the site.

Last edited:
First of all, thanks everyone ;)

Second, here's a short development update. To shorten dev time and delete parts that aren't as interesting, i was able to finish the following process today:

A.) Cut out the harbor as a stand-alone route
B.) Delete about 25 miles of the route, between the harbor and the mountain range
C.) Raise the harbor 2900ft and re connect it, this time directly to the mountain range (which i'll now call the Coastal range) featuring the 2.5% grade

This makes development WAY easier and operations more interesting from the start. Orizaba (the town shown in earlier pictures) will be raised another 4000ft to be the summit of the line, previously beeing the lower end where helpers were cut in. Now they'll be cut off here - the facilities needed are just the same anyways and already exist

2022-07-17-023216.jpg

2022-07-17-023325.jpg

2022-07-17-023247.jpg

First of all, thanks everyone ;)

Second, here's a short development update. To shorten dev time and delete parts that aren't as interesting, i was able to finish the following process today:

A.) Cut out the harbor as a stand-alone route
B.) Delete about 25 miles of the route, between the harbor and the mountain range
C.) Raise the harbor 2900ft and re connect it, this time directly to the mountain range (which i'll now call the Coastal range) featuring the 2.5% grade

This makes development WAY easier and operations more interesting from the start. Orizaba (the town shown in earlier pictures) will be raised another 4000ft to be the summit of the line, previously beeing the lower end where helpers were cut in. Now they'll be cut off here - the facilities needed are just the same anyways and already exist

I think this is a really smart idea. Make the route more of a "representation" of itself rather than 100% prototypical, and save yourself a TON of work.

Ah yes, now I can railfan Mexico and not go missing mysteriously due to unforeseen circumstances...

Last edited:
Any news about the public release of the route ?

Does this look anywhere near a release of any kind to you? lol :hehe:

But yeah i have to admit the original timeframe of "1,5 years" is nearly over, i guess i took way too many breaks from the project. And i even cut it down like 50%, but still...:confused:

2022-07-17-023325.jpg

Take all the time you need flusi737. You are under no obligation to create. The time frame for eventual release is yours to proclaim and yours alone. A year ten years, it matters not. Thank you for your screenshots. And your diligence and immense talent. We sit in patience. When you are ready we will all rejoice. Regards to you.

Back