what "start up" means

rmdk

Hello all,

Just wondering on the download station, what "start up" means in the title? It seems to relate to aircraft.

Thanks

Russell

Here in the Trainz forum there is no question that is too dumb to receive an answer.

From what I have noted "Start Up" means that it (the aircraft engines) are animated (the propeller spins). It may also mean that there is a "start engines" script built into the asset but I am not sure of that (that is my own dumb question).

It would mean what ever the author had in mind which could be different for each "start up" item as there is no standard for how things are named. But I suspect that pware might be on the right track above with the intent.

Hi Russell,

My aircraft now use a startup function, meaning that you have to use the B key to start the engines. When initially placed they do not make any sound. I use the term in the title to alert users that they do need to "start" the engines.

You need to read the config description to see what other keys are used to animate the aircraft, and the Aircraft action trigger (kuid2:76656:24060:1) placed on the track will make the aircraft perform, eg for the Dassault Super Etendard (a French carrier aircraft) I am working on, the trigger settings do the following:

- horn H key fires the missiles;
- start or stop engines - use the B key;
- flare the aircraft for takeoff or landing, V key or trigger setting 3;
- tyre smoke on landing, use trigger setting 4;
- drag chute deployment for normal landing, use trigger setting 5;
- activate flares from the rear of the aircraft, use trigger setting 6;
- tailhook deployment for carrier landing, use trigger setting 7;
- catapult launch, trigger setting 8;
- trapping on landing (instant stop), use trigger setting number 9;
- deploy refuelling probe, use trigger setting number 10;
- folding wings, use trigger setting 11;
- bolter - overshoot arrester wires, relaunch - trigger setting number 12
- reduce speed for landing - trigger setting 14.

So you see, they will perform. See this thread for details on all aircraft:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?50753-New-Aircraft

Ian

Last edited:
Hi all and Vulcan

How about updating the Super Puma so that it works 100% in the T;ANE product with some of the above mentioned extra features.
[FONT=&quot]Super Puma AS322 Helicopter 2[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

A great online chopper to fly.

Cheers
davies_mike57

Hi guys,

The Super Puma has been upgraded, as the Eurocopter AS-332 Cougar Netherlands Air Force Startup, <kuid2:60238:8075:1>.

I think you will like this one, it has the drooping blades that straighten on startup.

cougar.jpg

Ian

Hello again Ian,

Is it possible to use these commands in AI mode?

If so, how is it done?

Great work.

Russell

Russell, there are only three keyboards keys that are available for use, H, B and V. more would be useful. All other actions are controlled by the Aircraft Action trigger placed on the track, <kuid2:76656:24060:1> Aircraft Action Trigger - TS12 & T:ANE version.

I try to keep the keys and trigger settings consistent, B is always used to start the engines, V is for flaring the aircraft on landings, and H is used to fire missiles or guns on aircraft, or to lift a helicopter off the ground. Early helicopters did not lift off the track, new ones rise to about 10 metres above the track, so the liftoff and landing are somewhat realistic.

All startup aircraft use special engine sound files, the idel1 is silent, sound cuts in when you use the B key.

There are two AI rules for the B and H keys:

<kuid2:60238:80004:1> Aircraft Engine Start Command
<kuid2:60238:80005:1> Aircraft Helicopter Takeoff Command

You will find all the information on how to set up and use the aircraft and associated models in this pdf link from my website (32 pages of reading :)):

http://ianztrainz.com/publicshare/Using_My_Aircraft_in_Trainz.pdf

Ian

Back