Santa Fe Needles Sub - derailment at turntable and missing bridge

I noticed when engine pulls up from roundhouse to turntable in Needles it derails although turntable is set correctly. Does anybody know why this happens? What's wrong and to fix this?

7fLcgKg0

And why this bridge is missing? I download official freeware route form JR website, so I wouldn't expect any issues...

Maybe check the route in CM for missing assets? The bridge is there in my copy. I did not try the roundhouse, as I am in the middle of a big download, and it was driving my fans to the hilt to try to do both, but I will try it when the downloads are done.

EDIT. I tested my copy and can confirm that if you use the default stall on the roundtable you will derail. If you look carefully at it from above in surveyor mode, you will find that all of the tracks exiting the roundhouse have two spline points, one in the roundhouse, and one at the turntable. However, the one that is lined up at the start does NOT have the spline point at the turntable. It looks like an innocent omission, but it is not there. There are two ways to handle it, short of it being fixed. Either start from a different stall in the roundhouse (You will have to line up the turntable), or insert a spline point where it is needed and save the route. You will then have a duplicate under your UserID.

Last edited:
Maybe check the route in CM for missing assets? The bridge is there in my copy.

Yes, the bridge (<kuid2:124017:25029:2> Plate Girder Bridge, bendy) has "Faulty" status:

; <kuid2:124017:25029:2> Validating <kuid2:124017:25029:2>
! <kuid2:124017:25029:2> VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
- <kuid2:124017:25029:2> VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'edges.texture'.
- <kuid2:124017:25029:2> VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'misc-steel.texture'.
- <kuid2:124017:25029:2> VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'plategirder.texture'.
- <kuid2:124017:25029:2> VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'rail.texture'.
- <kuid2:124017:25029:2> VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'ribs.texture'.
- <kuid2:124017:25029:2> VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'tie-end.texture'.
- <kuid2:124017:25029:2> VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'tie-side.texture'.
- <kuid2:124017:25029:2> VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'tie-top.texture'.

Fortunately this time I could fix it by "revert to original"...

I noticed when engine pulls up from roundhouse to turntable in Needles it derails although turntable is set correctly. Does anybody know why this happens? What's wrong and to fix this?

7fLcgKg0

And why this bridge is missing? I download official freeware route form JR website, so I wouldn't expect any issues...

That appears to be the AJS Turntable which uses separate stub tracks. It can be tricky to work with. I find the best method is to attach the track to the stub first, then install the stub on on the turntable.

Even then, some track assets do not connect properly with the stub.

Perhaps this is happening in your case.

:B~\

Hi RHKluckhohn, note my edit to my post above, it does appear to be a case where the actual aligned stall is missing the spline point for the stub.

Hi RHKluckhohn, note my edit to my post above, it does appear to be a case where the actual aligned stall is missing the spline point for the stub.

OK, So you can insert a spline point where you like, without the track? Sounds like a 19 thing. My recent experience was setting up the AJS turntable with track rather than roundhouse segments, which is where I encountered the glitches mentioned. Attaching the stubs, then connecting the track was unsuccessful in 3 out of 8 spots, so I adopted the method above.

The original problem resembles some missing junctions I've noticed at Wallangarra on the Wallangarra-Warwick route. They should be there but they are not.

Anyway, it seems Vince is stuck with cloning the route if he wants to use that stall. "Such is life," to quote Ned Kelly.

:B~\

Bob

Back