The Cilie Oldphartz Railroads

HPL

MyTrainz says it is available for Gold Members. How do I install this? In Content Store, the button says "Purchased" instead of "Install" (nothing happens when I click it). And "View Details" says "Purchased (installed)"!

It may be an expired Preview Pass item. Right click on it in the store and "View Details." See if it says Preview Pass. If so it's an expired preview item still showing in the store (it appears in my Store as that.) It also shows a version mismatch.

The 4.5 version from 2017 still appears to be available through the Content Manager.

Last edited:
HPL --

Interesting. There are two versions of the layout:
1. An old one, pre-TRS19.
2. A vastly improved TRS19 version.

1. is on the Download Station.
2. was submitted for inclusion in the upcoming Trainz Model Railroad, but it has been rejected (I think), and it may be released by N3V as DLC instead (though I'm not certain about this either).

So, even as the author of the layout, quite honestly I don't know what is happening.

Phil

Edit:
An update -- it's soon up for sale as DLC, here:

https://store.trainzportal.com/products/the-cilie-oldphartz-railroads

Nobody told me.

The youtube link didn't work for me. It's here:

And another video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xvQLMKwqC0&t

Last edited:
Phil and HPL...
Though in the Store on website there is no BUY link yet. It shows on my Gold account "Portal" web page right now as being a Preview Pass item. I can tell you for certain it was not a Preview Pass item yesterday. That means it will be at least two weeks before actually being available to purchase. Items appear in store I believe when they go on Preivew Pass, not when they can actually be purchased.

Edit: The item description in the online web Store states that it's on Preview Pass "and will be available to purchase shortly." :)

HPL... I think you caught this just when it went to PP. If you are on gold just wait a bit and see if the new one doesn't show up as a Preview Pass item in next day or two.

Last edited:
The question remains: how do I install it? Content Store button is still "Purchased" instead of "Install". An answer from N3V please?

You can send a request to Support but my guess is they will just tell you to wait a day or two. Seldom do these things sync up properly (ie: available on the day it appears in store). However, the version "mismatch" on the "get info" panel might indicate another problem.

So the authors are not informed of what N3V does with their creations (and sells them as DLCs)? Interesting...

Nothing odd about that. Phil said he submitted for inclusion in the new TMR and it wasn't chosen but they did tell him it might be released as DLC. N3V just forgot to email him about it going on preview pass. I guess someone dropped the ball.

William

Cilie Oldphartz Previewpass:694 has now shown up in my store and it downloaded fine, all three versions. Loads up fine. Have not ran a session yet. It did return an error on install but that's normal. Just ignore and move on.

(As info: I can't find any other routes in my store that have/had the "item mismatch")

Hi All
Thank you everyone for reporting this. As this was a somewhat older project, it appears the previewpass was only generated for TRS19 SP2. As the format hasn't changed, our admin has updated it and you should now see it listed in the Content Store for download.

If you still aren't seeing it listed, please let me know (either PM me, or reply here; or both :) ).

In regards to it going to preview pass, this is simply a standard part of the TCCP processing now. I did let Phil know it was going to be released as DLC, but the last few weeks have been very busy and as such I didn't get a chance to confirm for him when it would be processed. I'm still learning a few things with processing TCCP, and this is another good lesson :)

Regards
Zec

Hi Zec --

Please don't take any criticism in my post above to heart. You guys are hard working and do an excellent job. You are the unsung heroes working in the background.

Just two things:
The video link on the Trainz Store for the layout gives an error message.
Can you unlock my Oldphartz thread in the Payware Forum.

As for TCCP, trust me it aint no easier from our end either.

Thanks,
Phil

It appears before stuff is installed/updated.

That's interesting. I have several installs and I was checking in one that only has a couple of routes installed. So, I was actually looking at routes not installed and out of the 20-25 I looked at, none had "item mismatch." Can you give me 2-3 specific ones where you see this just so I can look?

BEAUTIFUL!!

This is the most beautiful route I've seen for model-railroad style layouts. I stumbled across it on the DLS for free, and installed it while I had a First Class Ticket. The detail is amazing. I installed it into TANE. I wonder if I can find more routes as beautifully detailed as this!

"I wonder if I can find more routes as beautifully detailed as this!"

But of course you can. And thanks for the comments.

I do a reasonably detailed write up for all my routes and layouts that I have uploaded to the Download Station. To find them do an Advanced Search of the Forums, thus:

Advanced%20Search.jpg

If you are only as far as T:ANE you will, of course only be able to download T:ANE routes. You will find the TRS19 routes are significantly better. To see the difference, see my youtube videos. Search youtube with something like "trainz philskene".

Phil

Thanks, Phil!

"I wonder if I can find more routes as beautifully detailed as this!"

But of course you can. And thanks for the comments.

I do a reasonably detailed write up for all my routes and layouts that I have uploaded to the Download Station. To find them do an Advanced Search of the Forums, thus:

Advanced%20Search.jpg

If you are only as far as T:ANE you will, of course only be able to download T:ANE routes. You will find the TRS19 routes are significantly better. To see the difference, see my youtube videos. Search youtube with something like "trainz philskene".

Phil

I will search as you suggest, thanks!! And since I wrote that, I have bought TRS19, so I will especially looking for anything you have at that level!

Back