What has happened with ShaneTurner?

Shane hasn't been on the forum for a long time and has not responded to a PM I sent a long time ago. Does anybody know what his situation is?

i was only thinking about him yesterday as he more or less used to be a fixture here , but i have no info as to his fate.... his website has not been updated for ages.

.. i was asking him the same with chrismas last year by pm :
.. I’m no longer actively playing Trainz though which is why I’m not on the forums much nowadays ..
.. and yes, i miss his tips and knowledge too ..

See his profile -Last active on April 10th 2021, so still around albeit not posting on the forums.

See his profile -Last active on April 10th 2021, so still around albeit not posting on the forums.

I'm not always sure this is accurate Malcolm, mainly because Norm Hart was supposed to be active here at a date when he had actually passed away.

Well it's good to know he's not deceased. Perhaps he got fed up with trying to deal with "unknown kuids" and payware.

My first thought was as he lives in Kidderminster, he might have got involved with the real thing, as in the Severn Valley Railway.

Well it's good to know he's not deceased. Perhaps he got fed up with trying to deal with "unknown kuids" and payware.

More likely he got burned out trying to help ungrateful users with their problems in this forum. He was a kind soul that was just trying to help people as best he could and wrongly took a lot of abuse for it. Sadly there is a segment of trainz users that suffer from "kill the messenger" syndrome.

William

Looks like he's actively creating assets for Planet Coaster. A hobby that's as time consuming as building in Trainz.

Likely keep him busy for quite a while :)

Rico

Last edited:
Hi all - I am still about but not active in Trainz nowadays due to various issues that I just can’t seem to sort (I deal with my other games nowadays which also take up quite a bit of my time). My website is still very much active although I haven’t got around to adding anything new to it. Real life is also getting busier for me as well which takes up quite a bit of my time (one of the reasons I am slow to respond to PMs although sometimes if it relates to Trainz issues it takes me longer).

I really should pop in from time to time but for whatever reason I don’t often get around to it.

Great to hear from you Shane. As Deane says, we like to hear from our regular contributors otherwise we might fear the worst!

Paul

Welcome back Shane even if it is only a brief visit, glad you are OK, you never know these days with this covid thing going on.

Back