Warnings backing up to CDP - VE189

Forester1

I was backing up some assets to CDP and getting the following warning. Can anyone tell me what it means? Is the CDP backup OK?

! <kuid2:405066:14:1> : VE189: Collision data exceeds 64KB and has been simplified. Consider using a different generation method or a simplified mesh.

These warning occurred in the PrecacheManager for quite a few assets. Eventually it appears they all finally say the assets are exported successfully.

Was the asset a spline of any type?

I ask that because I recall having this problem before and it was with a spline. I don't know whether it relates only to splines or can occur to other kinds of asset as well, but the solution in my case was to add this tag to the config;

enable-pfx-collisions 0

The 0 value disables the calculation of particle collisions with the object. The computation obviously gets more "expensive" if the object is a complex, poly-rich shape. For splines such as open tracks, fences, roads, vegetation, etc., the calculation should be disabled, but for tunnels you might enable it so that smoke/steam particles don't penetrate the walls of the tunnel.

I can't recall what trainz-build is the minimum needed for this tag, but I'm sure it's in the Wiki.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Dinorius. I was backing up a bunch of content, so I am sure splines were included. Not sure why a setting in the config.txt would affect exporting to a CDP, but there is a LOT I don't know about Trainz even after a few years. With any luck, I won't need the backups anyway, but hopefully the content therein is OK.

Back