Some Ben Dorsey Rail_Bus Information

tdstead

Narrow minded Tram Person
Even though a lot of his Rail_Bus_xx where xx is 1 number between 1 and 64 are showing as MISC in CMP cauuse they are marked as version 2.4 but the info in the asset says its been updated to TS12 SP1 they still work with no errors in the latest version

Each of the 8 types below come in 2 groups of 4
The short ones are 4w or a bogie at front and wheel at rear each in Green and red
The Long Version is Bogie at front and wheel at rear or 2 bogies each in screen and red

Passengers short 16 seat or long 21 seat
baggage
Pass / baggage short 7 seat, long 9 seat
staked flat
Taker with word product on it
Taker marked water only
open gondola style
weed sprayer

the short passenger and water tanker comes in 3ft NG

It is possible that the other short ones with bogie at front and single wheel at rear might also convert to NG

All the name of the company and its number can be changed by editing the config file,

Hope this helps

Tom

Thank you for the overview on Ben's Rail Bus Asset's, this is good to know.........

Ben was a Prince of Gentleman, with a Heart as big as could be for building and helping us over the years, long before I was a Member,,,,,,,I miss him a lot, as do many others here.......:)

And as time has marched on since Ben was taken from us, his Assets still very much live on in usefulness........;)

RIP my ole Friend on this Blessed Sunday.............:wave:

Ben is surely still missed by the community. A great guy with a full heart always.

The reason for the Misc. category is due to the asset given the wrong class-ID or category ID, in the config.txt file. I can't remember what it is offhand for locomotive or DMU, but that would need to be applied to all these assets. If you want to do that, you can do so using a search and replace utility such as Search and Replace Master, or even Notepad ++ for that mater. I would do that after updating one asset and testing it first, then if the fix works apply that to the rest.

Do you mean that they are PX not RP or RD for Railcar Petrol or Diesal?

This means I would have to clone the whole 64 of them to my KUID so I could upload them as it wont let me upload someone's else KUID?

Yes a great and very nice man from our message chats, would be nice to keep his beloved content alive.

Tom

Do you mean that they are PX not RP or RD for Railcar Petrol or Diesal?

This means I would have to clone the whole 64 of them to my KUID so I could upload them as it wont let me upload someone's else KUID?

Yes a great and very nice man from our message chats, would be nice to keep his beloved content alive.

Tom

That would be it. Does he allow uploads of his content in the license? I don't remember offhand that's why I ask. If he does, then yeah, you'll have to clone them and upload them.

I agree keeping his legacy going is something that we all need to do.

I am seeing a set of 64 called "Misc" June 2008 version 2.4, and another set of 64 called "Train" version 2.9 from May 2013.

EDIT: Actually 65. THere are regualr and NG versions of #3 and 43, but no #10.

Actually did get the 2.9 versions having a quick look but they are still marked as PX (Composite Passenger), not sure why they are working.

Tom

Back