Strange asset issue

Forester1

Posting here because I am not sure if this is 2019 caused? This asset: <kuid2:346783:209:1> 2TE121-023 A, a loco needed by Philskene's <kuid2:69871:3515:1> TRS19 - The Mann, Phrom, Laramee - Session 3, shows as Faulty. But there aren't the usual errors, it just shows this message over and over:

; <kuid2:346783:209:1> : Script Compile
; <kuid:30501:1010> : Recursive attempt to compile this asset; skipping.
; <kuid:30501:1017> : Recursive attempt to compile this asset; skipping.
; <kuid:30501:1020> : Recursive attempt to compile this asset; skipping.
; <kuid:30501:1010> : Recursive attempt to compile this asset; skipping.
; <kuid:30501:1017> : Recursive attempt to compile this asset; skipping.

Hundreds and hundreds of times. Although the asset shows as faulty, I can preview the asset OK. It appears to be some issue with the script. Any ideas if or how to fix this? I have done an EDBR to know avail.

EDIT: The only script I see is this: 2te121loco_includer.gs

And all it has in it is this:

include "ct_2te121_loco.gs"

class L2TE121LocomotiveIncluder isclass CT_2TE121_LOCO{};

I don't see the referred to script anywhere with the asset

Last edited:
Mine states that is faulty due to a faulty dependency <kuid2:151055:60048:2> RE Dummy Accessory - part of the brake hose library, however view errors and warnings shows nothing in the dialog box. The only error I get on the loco itself relates to RE Dummy Accessory and all the rest are warnings regarding the script.
Something is indeed screwy.
Graeme

I had this too and just deleted the "updated" :2 kuid and all faulty assets returned to OK. Just left with this one saying there is an updated version. I'll have to live with it along with 9 other assets that have similar tendencies.
Ahh - TRAINZ - great one day and screwed the next.

The 30501 kuids are from Auran and cause errors on all route/sessions here
Once got a reply to ignore those errors caused by these.
Base and built-in items, no matter who made them should be 100% error and warning free, imho.
Something that repeats over and over cost CPU time, slowing the game down,
specially when it happens at start.

... Base and built-in items, no matter who made them should be 100% error and warning free, imho.
Something that repeats over and over cost CPU time, slowing the game down,
specially when it happens at start.

This has been an age-old problem. We wholeheartedly agree and such statements in the past have fallen on deaf ears.

The thing is, this is a version 3.7 uploaded 19-May, 2020. Shouldn't it have been fixed by now? Or should it have been rejected at upload? I know the content repair group has an ever expanding backlog, and I am guessing maybe it is OK in version 3.7 but broken in 2019SP3? It just gets to be untenable when you are trying to support several different versions but the rules keep changing and breaking things. I guess I will try the session, and if it works, live with the red font, but it gets exasperating. I have a bunch of faulty NSW assets, and missing assets to find for a bunch of other stuff. I know at one time I swore I would just delete anything red and live without it, but it is becoming so prevalent it is hard to avoid. Well, I'll stop before I get up steam on this rant. Thanks for all your suggestions folks!

The thing is, this is a version 3.7 uploaded 19-May, 2020. Shouldn't it have been fixed by now? Or should it have been rejected at upload? I know the content repair group has an ever expanding backlog, and I am guessing maybe it is OK in version 3.7 but broken in 2019SP3? It just gets to be untenable when you are trying to support several different versions but the rules keep changing and breaking things. I guess I will try the session, and if it works, live with the red font, but it gets exasperating. I have a bunch of faulty NSW assets, and missing assets to find for a bunch of other stuff. I know at one time I swore I would just delete anything red and live without it, but it is becoming so prevalent it is hard to avoid. Well, I'll stop before I get up steam on this rant. Thanks for all your suggestions folks!

There's a possibility that the asset worked fine in 3.7 but had troubles in TANE and early TRS19, however, TRS19 SP3 is more picky and has trouble with the scripting. In the previous versions, there would be undiscoverable and annoying stutters that can never be figured out caused by the bugs in the script.

If you have a loc with a script error, what you can do is:
-make a backup of the locs config.txt
-edit the config.txt and remove the lines:
script blablabla.gs
class blablabla.gs
save it and submit, then test if it runs normal and error free
ofc. a few features of that loc could be disabled by doing that.
you could maybe ask the creator to fix it or use an older version as suggested above.
greetings GM

Mine states that is faulty due to a faulty dependency <kuid2:151055:60048:2> RE Dummy Accessory - part of the brake hose library, however view errors and warnings shows nothing in the dialog box. The only error I get on the loco itself relates to RE Dummy Accessory and all the rest are warnings regarding the script.
Something is indeed screwy.
Graeme

If you open it for edit, it has both a trainzmesh and an im file which is not referenced in the config, on further investigation the mesh library is looking for the im not the trainzmesh so amending the config to read dummy.im instead of trainzmesh sorts that one out.

Things like this are why I dislike mesh libraries that use other creators assets, asset gets updated but the mesh library doesn't so becomes faulty, in this case changing from im to trainzmesh.

As it's a Russian Loco and other than disabling the script in which case you can get it to run devoid of any controls that work, not a lot you can do about the script. It works without it, just none of the numerous switches in the cab do anything.

By the author:

Interesting. The session works just fine in TRS19 without any of the Service Patches. In TRS19 + SP3 it don't -- the diesel that should haul the consist into the yard is a no show.

I've uploaded a revised version of the session to the Download Station. The diesels have been replaced by steam locomotives, and a popup box with the session instructions can be viewed in-game by pressing the F1-key.

This v2 of the session will obsolete the original version.

Phil

Last edited:
I tried G.M.'s steps, but deleting those lines from Config.txt did not fix the recursive compile error, so I may have been mistaken thinking it was a script problem. It really doesn't tell me what the issue is.

Back