Update of Prowler901 Narrow Gauge Locos?

N5VAV

TPR Route Creator
Hello !
Prowler901 had some nice Narrow Gauge locomotives on the DLS back in the 2004 - 2012 era.

I notice they do not show up in the default setting of searching the DLS, you have to check the box for older versions.

I have a need to bring those back for a Narrow Gauge route that could use some Narrow Gauge Locomotives.

Has anyone thought of updating the locos and enhancing them?

The asset is <KUID2:43955:10150:5> there is the tender also and loco spec, etc. also.

Thank you.

<KUID2:43955:10150:5> loads in TRS19 however there are no wheels, no engine sounds, steam entries are missing the colour values and all the dependencies are all way out of date and need redoing. Without getting permission from slugsmasher to update his stuff afraid it's basically a fix it yourself for your own use job.

Wont help with this one but pretty sure there is a thread on sorting out the rest of Prowler901's stuff from his site on here from a few years back for TS12, found it https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?91246-Prowler901-s-D-amp-RGW-amp-TS12

<KUID2:43955:10150:5> loads in TRS19 however there are no wheels, no engine sounds, steam entries are missing the colour values and all the dependencies are all way out of date and need redoing. Without getting permission from slugsmasher to update his stuff afraid it's basically a fix it yourself for your own use job.

Wont help with this one but pretty sure there is a thread on sorting out the rest of Prowler901's stuff from his site on here from a few years back for TS12, found it https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?91246-Prowler901-s-D-amp-RGW-amp-TS12

I've got them working ok in 2019.

Hello !
Prowler901 had some nice Narrow Gauge locomotives on the DLS back in the 2004 - 2012 era.

I have a need to bring those back for a Narrow Gauge route that could use some Narrow Gauge Locomotives.

The asset is <KUID2:43955:10150:5> there is the tender also and loco spec, etc. also.

Thank you.
I don't recall seeing any of Todd's narrow gauge locos on the DLS. So if you're interested only in his ng stuff you'll have to look on his site (link was posted in one of the above). They are all old by current Trainz standards but I think most of his locos can be fixed to run in TRS19 but they might not be re-distritutable in that conditon. If they are a necessary part of your new route, that would need to be verified.

KUID2:43955:10150:5 on the DLS is a standard gauge D&RGW C-41. IIRC it was distributed as a built-in with an early version of Trainz but I could be wrong. [EDIT]Yes it's a built-in for TRS04. That's probably why it's available on the DLS.

The one I dl'd into TRS19 seems to have all the dependencies and works but also has several warnings. I suspect the espec and enginesounds need updating to the new versions. Trainz can use the older formats but it's not ideal to say the least.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Thank you for the information

Thank you for the responses to my question.

I am going to re-release a route that has some Narrow Gauge trackage in it and so I was looking for a nice NG locomotive. Originally, Prowler was part of TPR and so part of the reason for that route was a place to showcase his NG locos and rolling stock.

I was looking for other NG locos that are currently available, but I didn't see anything that would work. What I did find was some British or Australian stuff, but was a bit wide for the TRS19 Procedural Narrow Gauge track built into TRS19.

What locomotives are designed to use that???? I couldn't find any that fit that gauge track.

Thank you all again.

Those are by the user "togog" trainz build 3.5 but look great in TRS19. That is the 36" track that is built in.

William

N5VAV, I am sure you are aware the link under your signature does not work? It wants you to go through steps to proceed to the site. I am sure these are steps one should probably avoid, as I did.

I was looking for other NG locos that are currently available, but I didn't see anything that would work. What I did find was some British or Australian stuff, but was a bit wide for the TRS19 Procedural Narrow Gauge track built into TRS19.

What locomotives are designed to use that???? I couldn't find any that fit that gauge track.

Thank you all again.
Todd's stuff was 36" ng. Ben Neal's ng steam locos include over a dozen 36" gauge and some 30" and 24" on his site. Phil Skene updated a couple of Ben's locos to TS12 and they're on the dls. But all of Ben's locos can be fixed to run in the latest versions of Trainz. Togog (I think mentioned above) has several 36"ng locos on the dls. Trainz Forge is another 3rd party site with freeware ng stock. So there's a number out there. I agree that finding them takes some effort and luck. Since EBT is my primary interest I don't have to look in too many places to grab what's available. Ben Dorsey did the EBT M1 36ng Gas Electric.

@Forester1 Yes, TPR has been down for over a year now. The downloads are gone forever so time to move on.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Understood, Bob. I just mention it because he might want to remove the link from his signature. Curious people might wind up with malware.

That is what I hate about Trainz, sites that go AWOL and the assets are lost. But weren’t the download depot files dupes from the dls or were there some files exclusive to that site? I also hate when I download a route and there are missing files that are from defunct sites. What do you do then? I mean a missing house or tree is no big deal but missing track is. Sometimes wayback archive can be used to download files from a defunct site but not a site where you had to log in. I also hate that pofig trees do not work in TANE and up. I want my pofig trees and procedural track at the same time. A route I have Reading and Northern used pofig trees so they are missing and faulty in TANE. Any easy way to replace them?

Last edited:
I don't know, if it is possible to replace faulty assets in a map with the "replace by"-function.

Regards
Swordfish

RWK, I understand if you have TS2012, you can bulk replace the pofig trees in 2012 with other trees that will work in T:ANE. Unfortunately for those of us late comers, there is no way to do it in T:ANE because bulk replace won't work with faulty assets. I think if they were going to do what they did, they should have provided a way to fix it in T:ANE.

Back