Content Store deleting Assets?

boleyd

When you delete a route via The Content Store are associated assets (loaded by the store) deleted?

All assets added by DLC are deleted when the package is removed. The only remaining assets are the DLC asset that has a higher version on the DLS. Any route you have used and saved while the package was installed may contain a payware not active asset that the DLC installed with a higher version than the highest on the DLS. Delete missing assets should restore the kuid.

I just went back and used the Content Store to reinstall all of the routes I had looked at. Then my route looked good. I then deleted one-by-one until my route "turned red". Fortunately it was only one route that caused erasure.

Since I have not seen this when installing a route, then deleting it using the Content MANAGER, that this type of deletion does not occur.

Thanks for the info......

To see what is installed with any route or session -
Just look at the date of the ROUTE install in content manager. Then filter and view all assets installed on that date. This assumes, of course, you only install a max of one route per day. If more than one per day you need then to sort by time and scroll route by route looking at the timestamps. This is why I try to NOT install a bunch of stuff all at once. If I don't need it now I'll wait and install it tomorrow if that will keep installs separated by a day. I also have spreadsheet where I log Route and Session downloads and keep track of install date and time.

And also.. If I keep to my own rules (which I break sometimes) I look through all my routes icons (in game) after each install to see if any are now broken that wasn't before. But like I say. That's in a perfect world. Who has the time to do some of this stuff????? :) Keep it fun.

Last edited:
I have a filter setup for Missing-dependencies only so if I install or remove anything, I can tell if there're any missing dependencies without wading through faulty as well. I usually have no faulty assets listed, but there have been times when there have been some, so this is a clean missing stuff only. To make things easier on the faulty front, I also have a faulty-only filter setup as well. There's nothing else in there such as faulty-dependencies, missing-dependencies, or anything else to clutter up the view.

The DLC works differently than DLS or 3rd-party content. The DLC is an all-inclusive package containing both the route and dependencies. These single packages contain everything, but the components are listed individually in Content Manager. The problem then is the content, instead of having a different color or some other designation associated with it in Content Manager and Surveyor, the assets end up included in our own routes. To make matters worse, this content will supersede already installed content instead of being listed separately. When we've unknowingly used DLC payware, we end up in the mess you have discovered. To clarify this a bit. We do have a way of telling in Content Manager by the status column, but the problem is this status doesn't get carried over to Surveyor, and then we're left on our own to remember this and setup a filter, and besides not everyone uses all the columns in Content Manager and not everyone knows to look at that anyway unless specifically told to do so.

Last edited:
Adding the Date Uploaded column also helps, no upload date then it isn't on the DLS so avoid it, if does have one it's usually OK to use.

When you delete a route via The Content Store are associated assets (loaded by the store) deleted?

See post#2

I just went back and used the Content Store to reinstall all of the routes I had looked at. Then my route looked good. I then deleted one-by-one until my route "turned red". Fortunately it was only one route that caused erasure...

I'm pretty sure deleting things with this new file / delivery system will only cause you misery. I run TS12, TANE, TMR17 and TRS19, all fully updated, and have none of the problems listed here. I have conceeded that Trainz needs serious GPU and SSD space, and it's best to just let it do it's thing, and so far it's working perfectly for me.

All assets added by DLC are deleted when the package is removed. The only remaining assets are the DLC asset that has a higher version on the DLS. Any route you have used and saved while the package was installed may contain a payware not active asset that the DLC installed with a higher version than the highest on the DLS. Delete missing assets should restore the kuid.

I have downloaded 'packs' from the Content Store, and inside those 'packs' are assets that I have made. Lets say my CDE Multiple Industry New asset, or MIN. I have this asset in two separate route 'packs'. When I Uninstall one of the route 'packs', the MIN does not get removed. So the initial logic is flawed. You may be correct in that if the first route had version 2 and the second route had version 3, when second route is uninstalled, the content manager rolls back to version 2 of the asset as listed in the first route.

The new TCCP 2.0 system is supposed to stop a DLS asset from becoming DLC payware, or some sort of permission happens, but should still get a new kuid as to not interfere with exsisting content. It should have to have a new kuid. If you find one like that let me know because I am a developer and would like to know that something like that could happen and may be able to help fix.

I have downloaded 'packs' from the Content Store, and inside those 'packs' are assets that I have made. Lets say my CDE Multiple Industry New asset, or MIN. I have this asset in two separate route 'packs'. When I Uninstall one of the route 'packs', the MIN does not get removed. So the initial logic is flawed. You may be correct in that if the first route had version 2 and the second route had version 3, when second route is uninstalled, the content manager rolls back to version 2 of the asset as listed in the first route.

The new TCCP 2.0 system is supposed to stop a DLS asset from becoming DLC payware, or some sort of permission happens, but should still get a new kuid as to not interfere with exsisting content. It should have to have a new kuid. If you find one like that let me know because I am a developer and would like to know that something like that could happen and may be able to help fix.

Once a DLC route has downloaded any increase in an assets version number will override the older kuid that is installed from the DLS. Your observation is of two DLC packs which each contain all the assets for that route and can not be changed by users. If you have a non DLC route that has an asset that a DLC route updates, let's say your min version 2,3, any own created route that had version 1 from the DLS will now look for version 3 as the latest version. Because you opened your own route while DLC packs were installed that route when saved is still looking for version 3. The routes asset list does not get rolled back to version 1 when those packs are deleted.

Back