Quite a problem with my route...

pasha2

So, there is a problem with my route. That problem is: nothing in sessions and quickdrive is loading at all, rendering the map unplayable. I can however edit in surveyor, though it doesn't make a difference. I suspect the map may be in someway corrupted, though I'm not sure what exactly is going on. The route map in sessions/quickdrive does load, though, that's about it. The debug says that all the instances are loaded, though also says that nothing is being processed. I have not made any backups for this route, and it is a large one. Rebuild databse does not solve this problem, and checking for errors and faults comes up with nothing.

Here are the screenshots:

unknown.png

On the ground, nothing loaded with in-session debug.

Would appreciate some help for this matter,

pasha2.

Not made any backups!!! Broke the first rule or, well anything computer related. What does CM say about the route? Are there any errors listed, missing dependencies? Does the route show any oddities, orange/red box outlines, even a screenshot might give a clue. Also what are your system specs? Once this is sorted may sure you save to CDP at each major stage of route building, encase anything goes wrong, because at some stage it always will.

No errors or warnings according to the CM, I belive I had mentioned that above, no errors, no missing deps. Unfortunately my screenshot hasn't been uploaded when I first posted this problem for whatever reason. If I can't get a screenshot through this time, I'll describe it here: basically, a void, with nothing but the skybox when in normal what is supposed to be ground view. Layout Map does show the route normally.
System specs are this:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model H97-HD3
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Screenshot here if it does go through:

unknown.png

The great void in place of my route.

Apologies for the late response,

pasha2.

Try when you get the Route open and goes to the Sky view.....Hit Ctrl-M and you might see your Route show up, close the Map window, and then start clicking in the Sky area and you might end up selecting Route......To pull it into normal View.......

I had this same thing happen to me several times with different Routes, for some reason when it is saved, the Route does not come into view, it to the side of your screen, out of the main view area. By clicking around with Mouse, it most of the time when somehow find the Route and drag it into view......

I don't know how to explain this better, but it should work....Why it happens sometimes I don't know, I just found out by accident one day........:sleep:

Please post up here if this works out for you......;)

Maybe one of more learned members here knows what this is called and/or how it happens........:)

Good Luck Sir........

I have seen something similar, where part of the route vanishes, except it leaves the trees in place with no ground under them. Usually just exiting and reloading fixed that issue, yours however seems worse. We need someone with more knowledge than me, as I'm not sure if Tane makes back ups like TRS19, but I'm 90% sure it does. If so save that route under a different name, then go into where all the game files are via - Windows>Users>Your name>App Data>Local>N3V Games>Tane>Build XYZ (whatever yours is), and you'll see backups. These should go back about 7 days and one folder (and more) will contain copies of the route. You should be able to drag one of them into the CM (content manager), perform a DBR and it'll reinstall that route at an earlier stage, IE as it was on the date of that folder. Could do with someone to confirm that as I've only done it in TRS19.

Last edited:
I have had that occur once or twice before. Your session is hosed unfortunately. If you have made CDP backups, you can restore that and see if that works.

Removed as I fear post may not have been read and taken as I intended. Even if I did have a laughing smiling face on it.

Last edited:
Is this a session problem or the whole route ? I hope it the situation that Blueodessey is describing and that the route is still there.

Back