Why is track disappearing???

BrianPacos

Creator, BMP Trainz
Why does track disappear from routes when they haven't been changed in any way? No faulty assets, nothing missing, nothing. The game just decides to corrupt portions of routes. It's so frustrating! Does anyone else have this problem? How do you fix it? This happened after they send out that "patch" (in quotes because patches are supposed to fix the game). Every time they send out a patch the game manages to get worse.

2021-05-13-173554.jpg

What build of track is that, as it looks so old it doesn't appear to have working points / junctions. Have you done a DBR? Also check that your virtual memory is at less double what your physical memory is, one person says make it triple.

What build of track is that, as it looks so old it doesn't appear to have working points / junctions. Have you done a DBR? Also check that your virtual memory is at less double what your physical memory is, one person says make it triple.

That's because it's in Quick Drive, it's JR's latest track and works just like any other track asset.

Close the route and start again, see if it goes away.

I already tried that, it didn't work. Neither did a database repair.

Hi Brian
When you edit the route, are you loading the route using the 'edit route' option or the 'edit session'/'create session' option?

If you are using the 'edit session'/'create session' option then please note that this will cause any additions to the route to be placed into the session-layer. This means that those additions will only be found in that one session, and not the route itself (including quick-drive sessions).

Regards

Note, quick drive has nothing to do with the type of track, and not all track has working junctions, or I wouldn't have asked. As per what Zec says, make sure you don't edit track (or texture for that matter) in the session editing layer, as it's purely a route layer asset/s.

Hi Brian
When you edit the route, are you loading the route using the 'edit route' option or the 'edit session'/'create session' option?

If you are using the 'edit session'/'create session' option then please note that this will cause any additions to the route to be placed into the session-layer. This means that those additions will only be found in that one session, and not the route itself (including quick-drive sessions).

Regards

Edit the session and you can change the asset to any layer you want. Most maps will initially only have two layers: Route and Session. Using the question mark you can set the track to the Route layer.

There's a possibility that the track is on the wrong layer as well. If you are using layers, ensure you are on the route-layer always while editing and use the other layers for special case items such as scenery assets. Infrastructure assets such as track, bridges, trackside objects (signals and their ilk), need to be on the route-layer.

If these assets are on the wrong layer, you need to move them to route layer. There is a way to do this in Bulk update-replace-delete utility, but I don't remember the details. The easiest way is to merge the secondary layer into the route layer.

If you edited in the Session instead of the Route equivalent of Surveyor, you will need to move the assets to the route layer there. In both cases, I recommend making a backup of the route and session first prior to this operation. You can use Content Manager and export these assets to a CDP for safe-keeping.

The track is older Jointed Rail JR US #132 lb. track, or something like that. I've used that often as well as the rusty versions and I have customized the track-quality to make really, really rough track for sidings as well as changed textures to make really, really, rough rusty dirty track.

To support what John said above, I can think of a specific route that had assets in the session layer. Memory escapes me which one now, but I remember bringing the route up and seeing there were no bridges. And where a siding and grain elevator was supposed to be, there was only half the elevator and no siding. After spending a lot of time and effort trying to place bridges and trestles, and the grain elevator assembly and siding trackage, I decided one day to try running the sessions, and BEHOLD! everything was there. I thought it was a bit bizarre that the author had done that, as it kind of precluded building any other functioning sessions for the route unless you duplicated all of those assets and placements in other sessions.

Back