E2 Class Tank engines?

Hi all,

Looking about for a UK E2 steamer, No, not Thomas, but what Thomas is based upon. Can anyone point me in a direction for one that can work in TRS2019?
Thank you in advance

or, if freeware's more your style, try decapod's old E2! it should work in TRS2019, even though, there could be some errors, but those can be fixed easily!

or, if freeware's more your style, try decapod's old E2! it should work in TRS2019, even though, there could be some errors, but those can be fixed easily!

No sign of decapod's E2 on the DLS and if you try searching under decapod's user name the DLS doesn't know who he is.

I will do some looking. My memory (untrustworthy at best) tells me that recently someone created one that was not Thomas and I was delighted to see it and downloaded it. It would have been somewhere on the forums, so I will do some searching. The link may have been to a third party though, won't know till I find it.

EDIT: Apologies folks, I think someone recently did one of the GWR pannier tank engines, and I think that is the one I had in mind. I will still do some searching.

Last edited:
I've located the E2 by decapod. on an old version of TRS2009. It's quite a decent model and has 3 levels of LOD. Not bad for 2010. The license is generous too, allowing it to be uploaded to any website or file library in it's original form. However my version is modified/updated to use TC3 cabs and especs.

There's an E2 by arek3009 as well, but his profile is locked and the model seems to contain pirated payware by Paulz Trainz.

This screenshot was taken in TANE SP4 and it's the Decapod. E2 from the Wayback Machine. There are some strange tags in the config file that TANE has a fit over that you will need to remove though.

MjKS7fv.jpg

I Used the wayback as shown and found the one pictured above.
I run Trainz 2019 now.
It is a real beauty!
Like kotangagirl stated, I opened the config file, Completely deleted the offending three lines,
I then changed the engine line as it was faulty. I changed it to <kuid:46219:51025> from the down load station ( it is to another UK 0-6-0 T)
She runs like a champ and a new lease on life to older materials!!!!

Thank you EVERYONE for your help.
I still will buy the new one though I think, but this old content will surely have a staring role around the dock!

Did this a while back now, ran it through AssetX to update it to 3.5, go through all the repair options and gave it a new engine spec. There is a new error on TRS19 I have just discovered which crashes the content preview, simple fix just manually add the missing color from the smoke9 tag, 0,0,0,0 will do as it's for the tfx file for the whistle. Config amendment for smoke9 below

Used:
<kuid2:248163:100324:1> GWR 1366 Engine spec
<kuid2:126323:53052:2> Steam Engine Sound - 2 cylinder Stephenson
<kuid2:116296:16360:2> GWR 1400 class cab a bit better than the flipping PB15 cab! may have a look for something better though having dug the E2 out of my storage bin.

Whatever after fixing the smoke issue it's working fine.

Smoke update
Code:
smoke9
{
  attachment                            "a.whistle"
  mode                                  "anim"
  enabled                               1
  file                                  "pgw1.tfx"
  color                                 smoke9
{
  attachment                            "a.whistle"
  mode                                  "anim"
  enabled                               1
  file                                  "pgw1.tfx"
  color                                 0,0,0,0
}
}

Now on jatws.org

https://www.jatws.org/decapod/SRE2.7z

I suspect there is room for a few more assets from decapod if the license permits it and anyone has them lying around.

Thanks John

Cheerio John

So long as they are not in anyway altered it's fine.

"This file is for your own use. You may upload this file to any website or other online file library without my specific permission as long as it remains in it's original form and with this readme included, unaltered.
You may not use these models in a route sold for profit, or include it on any CD or compilation of files on a CD or other media without my permission."

hi i don't know if anybody is still checking here and able to help, but does anybody have an e2 file that works with TANE and not faulty?

hi i don't know if anybody is still checking here and able to help, but does anybody have an e2 file that works with TANE and not faulty?

The link to jatws.org as posted above is still available. As Build 2.0 it will work in TANE, but really needs to be updated to Build 3.5 as explained at post #15 above.

Back