A Note on A Small Spot in Brittany

Forester1

I quite enjoyed this route in the original version, but I noticed an oddity at a certain spot. So when I saw version 4.8 come out, I downloaded it to see if it still had the same oddity, or if someone had noticed it and fixed it. It appears it has largely escaped notice, so I thought I would just mention it:

Brittany01JT.jpg

I am thinking if the door is wanted where it is, I could select the texts one at a time and do a "flip horizontal" in each case and just reverse the text. I haven't tried it yet. Since the front panel is pasted onto the building I have to actually get the kuid of the front.

Well the overlay for the building is right-way round, which puts the door at the left. In order to retain the door on the right, I used Irfanview to do as I mentioned above, which actually flips the text backwards, so it comes out forward. All good now.:

Brittany03JT.jpg

Last edited:
When I saw the sign in reverse, I thought that the names were in a non-western language! The magic of flipping text works wonders. :)

I can see some artifacts of the "reverse" by the letter "S" at the end of "LIQUERS", or that may be the fault of sharpening, which I used once because it looked a bit fuzzy. But I think it will look great steaming by with a consist :D

Only problem I see is that you should now get the original author to either correct their version or allow for yours to replace it, so that others can use it too.

I can see some artifacts of the "reverse" by the letter "S" at the end of "LIQUERS", or that may be the fault of sharpening, which I used once because it looked a bit fuzzy. But I think it will look great steaming by with a consist :D

The building can steam and haul a consist? - what an amazingly versatile building indeed. :hehe:

Rail Pilgrim, I am not sure how to approach that. As I say, the asset is actually fine. If you take it as is, the letters are correct, but the door is on the left side. But it has been applied to the building front backwards, so that the door is on the right side, which reverses the lettering. You could just turn the asset around, and the letters would be fine, with the door in the middle of the building. My assumption here is that when Vincentrh went to layout the route, he wanted the door on the right and did not much care if the letters were readable. What I did was fix the asset for this route, by reversing the lettering, but now it is not really correct for anything else. Confusing, I know.

Kotangagirl, LOL Ann! I may have had to fix my grammar there, that's a great catch on the language! I was really thinking of a friend of mine who is a Pima Native American. He was working on his house, and we were discussing how we decide if things are "good enough". My saying is usually that a project is good enough for who it's for (me). He says his house has to pass the "Galloping Horse Test". If it looks good galloping by on a horse, then it's OK. But I don't think he meant the house was galloping by on the horse. :hehe:

Last edited:
Forester1, I was merely suggesting what other have said in various posts about modifying others assets. If it is just for you, then no sweat. At the end of the day, it won't bother me either. (and probably most others who d/l this route) If I do notice it at all, I'll just increase the throtle and pass by as quick as possible.:hehe:

I never noticed in your pic that one of the Ss is blurry or not. Given that we're usually speeding by assets, we usually won't take time to scrutinize the asset too closely.

Back