Screenshot of The Week: May 9 to 16 2021 (No Theme)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The broad gauge (5ft 3in) to narrow gauge (3ft 6in) break-of-gauge platform at Terowie South Australia. The platform at Terowie was where US Army General Douglas Macarthur made his famous "I shall return" speech in 1942.

SAR-East-West-Express-at-Terowie%2C-the-start-of-its-journey.jpg

On a sunny summer day in the early 1945, WWII is winding down, but the railroads are still playing an important part. Here, we see a almost brand new Milwaukee Road S-3 4-8-4 pulling meat towards Louisville to be handed off for delivery to troops at Fort Knox, while below an almost 30-year-old Baltimore and Ohio Q1 2-8-2, zipping underneath at 60 miles per hour, pulls tank cars loaded with diesel fuel, headed for St. Louis, and then onto the Pacific Coast and the US's Pacific Fleet. The Baltimore and Ohio is actually diverting over the Chicago, Cincinnati, & St. Louis due to a wreck on the B&O mainline between Louisville and St. Louis. This is also an interchange point between the CC&StL and the Milwaukee Road.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Me neither. Obviously, it must have been a screenshot of a highly classified military movement by rail.

.. thankz guys .. did overhaul my site and forgot to update the new link of the same pic ..
you will now be able to see the screenshot ..
grtz

Cab view from an F7 looking towards some Alco RS-11's coming down from Tehachapi to re-enter helper service at Mojave.
2021-05-14-112707.jpg

Submissions are now closed. There are 13 entries so please vote for up to 2. Voting ends May 23; please post your votes below.

Back