Game Crash

jeffy88

Hello.
I posted a while back about changing pcs and wanting to get my save data for trains 2019. Well after coming to the conclusion of finding out my save data was gone. I have spent a few days redownloading everything from the DLS.
I went into one of the routes I installed for editing today and it keeps crashing back to desktop and then when I start the game back up and select the route I was trying to work on I get a box saying the route has unsubmitted edits and says it was not shut down properly and may have corrupted assets.
I've trying reverting and using the changes it says but everytime it still crashes.
So any help on solving this issue is appreciated.
This has happend before on my old pc but it fixed itself in the long run and or I fixed it and forgot what I did.
Also I have steam version of Trainz 2019.

There are a number of things that can cause this and here are a couple that can help with the problem.

Increase the size of your page file to 3x your installed RAM.

Exclude any and all TRS19-related folders from your antivirus scanning.

Generally these two things fix that problem most of the time.

Also ensure all your drivers are up-to-date and your PC is running cool, otherwise it can crash due to heat.

The main thing you should be doing here, unless you've done it, is an extended DBR, ie data-base repair which is necessary anytime there is a crash. Go to the launcher (do not have the game running) and click on developer and hold down the CTRL key when you click on 'rebuild database'. If you are editing/creating routes, make sure you make CDP copies of them periodically encase something like this happens.

The main thing you should be doing here, unless you've done it, is an extended DBR, ie data-base repair which is necessary anytime there is a crash. Go to the launcher (do not have the game running) and click on developer and hold down the CTRL key when you click on 'rebuild database'. If you are editing/creating routes, make sure you make CDP copies of them periodically encase something like this happens.

I wont loose anything never even got started. i was just trying to look the map over to see where i wanted to begin and the crash happend and it then kept crashing but i will try what you said.

There are a number of things that can cause this and here are a couple that can help with the problem.

Increase the size of your page file to 3x your installed RAM.

Exclude any and all TRS19-related folders from your antivirus scanning.

Generally these two things fix that problem most of the time.

Also ensure all your drivers are up-to-date and your PC is running cool, otherwise it can crash due to heat.

I've Ruled out overheating and drivers are up to date. so it could be the antivirus part. and I know on the old pc i never messed with the ram and fixed the problem somehow but as i said i dont remember if i did do something or if it just fixed itself on my old pc cause it was working fine on my old pc up to the point before i switched pcs

I've Ruled out overheating and drivers are up to date. so it could be the antivirus part. and I know on the old pc i never messed with the ram and fixed the problem somehow but as i said i dont remember if i did do something or if it just fixed itself on my old pc cause it was working fine on my old pc up to the point before i switched pcs

Go with the antivirus first then see what happens. KISS.

I tired this and it didnt fix anything.........?

Go with the antivirus first then see what happens. KISS.

The Routes did have some missing dependencies so im redownloading it to see if that works. if not i will try the anti virus. but im not quite sure where to go to keep it from reading the files?

Hi,
Not sure about your antivirus - we use Trend - look in the settings for an exclusion list.
I've added all the game directories and the application directories to my exclusion lists. Trainz is particularly sensitive as it loads lots of asset files as you drive a route (and forgets them). If your virus checker intercepts every read, it will cripple your frame rate, and may cause the odd time out
Colin

Well if the route had missing dependencies you should have just downloaded them. If you've also told your anti-virus to not block the game, then maybe we should ask what your PC specs are and see if that could be an issue.

Back