Tree shadows inside of tunnels??

autodctr

Working on a new layout with a LOT of trees on the hillside. 3 tunnels run through the hillside. On each tunnel, for a period while entering the tunnel, I can see the shadows of the trees inside of the tunnel! Is this normal? Really weird. Took me a little while to figure out what I was seeing. Also, at the beginning of the inside of the tunnel, it seem extremely bright like the sunlight is bleeding through the dirt and illuminating the tunnel.

You could turn off shadows in the settings, not a fix but a patch. Some assets may bleed through the ground because of how they are made. You could change the assets, presumably a tree, with bulk replace to something that does not bleed through.

Just a thought..

Trainz does not actually know what a tunnel is
Often its just a kind track spline, with a circular tube mesh with texture on it
maybe you can test if the same happens with another tunnel and trees placed at same spot.
greetings GM

Some tunnels don't have a double-sided surface and will allow outside light to pass through them.

You could turn off shadows in the settings, not a fix but a patch. Some assets may bleed through the ground because of how they are made. You could change the assets, presumably a tree, with bulk replace to something that does not bleed through.

Just a thought..
I may be missing something important here: I can bulk replace assets if they are splines. Have never being able to replace regular objects such as trees. Is there a way to this?

I may be missing something important here: I can bulk replace assets if they are splines. Have never being able to replace regular objects such as trees. Is there a way to this?

Trees should replace fine. I've done that many times as I changed out various trees for others as time went on. What kind of error are you getting?

Replacing a spline of trees can only be done to a spline of trees and not replacing the spline with regular scenery-objects. This goes for all kinds of assets.

I've had the same issue using Tehachapi Tunnel, it didn't happen with others I've used, but this is one of the few single track US tunnels I've found that likes being laid on fairly tight curves , it still has a slight kink as the track leaves the tunnel if its on a curve, but its much better than any of the other ones ones I've found , so i guess I have to grin and bear it. Really, is it too much to ask NVC3 to produce a few tunnels themselves that don't have all these faults ? Are there ANY tunnels that have been made specifically for TRS2019 ?

Back