strange blocking ground texture.

jeroen_bos

Trainz-Online co-owner
[h=1]After a struggle to reinstall TRS19 (111951) Last SP I found my routes in this strange blocking ground texture.
Anybody some idea how to discourage it.
For me It doesn't have to do with a mix of regular and PBR textures

38141-naamloos-png
[/h]

Clearly he doesn't need to raise track spline points or they'll be above the ground! There is something else going on, hence why I never install updates, too many problems. Looks like some sort of ghosting, but no idea why. All I can suggest is doing an extended DBR - data-base repair.

Supplying the KUIDs of the track and ground texture would help diagnose the problem. Just a guess, but is the scale of the ground texture towards maximum and possibly using PBR track? Without specifics, that's all I got, but I doubt an EDBR would fix it.
@Alikiwi - chill mate! The vast majority of people install updates as they drop and never have a problem.
cheers
Graeme

To fix the problem, simply change your Shader quality to Standard (look in the performance menu). The fault is caused by PBR textures and first appeared following the initial update to TRS 19.

Regards
Bob

To fix the problem, simply change your Shader quality to Standard (look in the performance menu). The fault is caused by PBR textures and first appeared following the initial update to TRS 19.

Regards
Bob
Thanks was forgotten after a trouble update and so many frustration

Hi,

Is the problem solved?

To my eyes it looks like a "dig hole" object has removed a grid square.

Linda

Hi,

Is the problem solved?

To my eyes it looks like a "dig hole" object has removed a grid square.

Linda
No, nothing to do with dighole. The cause is the intersecting PBR textures of the track and the standard terrain textures (greater texture scaling makes the effect more pronounced). The solution in this case is to bulk change the track to non PBR procedural track OR lower the shader quality to standard in "Trainz Settings" on the launcher. This has the effect of rendering the PBR texures as standard (no height mapping). Personally I would change the track so as not to lose the effects of PBR and ultra shading.
cheers
Graeme

To be honest, it's a shame that content creators didn't create a new asset KUID for the PBR equivalents rather than update the existing ones. The reason is it destroys many older routes that use the non-PBR textures and that requires the user to go through great hoops to repair the routes. There's nothing worse than find that a route has been rendered to crap because the textures were updated. With that said, I have cloned the older versions of the same textures and replaced the PBR versions with the older cloned ones. This has been my saver for situations like this.

If the OP doesn't want to go through the trouble of finding and cloning the older textures, he can bulk replace these textures with non-PBR ones that look similar. This works 99.99% of the time. If the issue turns out to be the track, that can easily be replaced as well with non-PBR pro-track if he wants.

Last edited:
Yes, it's happened to me too.

It happens:

• When you mix PBR and non-PBR textures.
  • When you mix PBR textures (or even the same PBR texture) with different scale settings.

Phil

SHADER RESOLUTION fixed the remaining areas of my problems after a few hours of manually fiddling the problem yesterday. I was curious about the effect of a max res. setting for shaders. PBR incursion was a disaster.

IIRC, the people who write the code are not the same people who actually use it to create a route. This seems to be a perfect example of unintended consequences. :confused:

Back