TRC 3 - TRS2019 - Traffic stuck after close/open

ricomon35

SceneWright

Short video illustrating what is happening on my routes with the TRC 3 system.

The crossing consists of:

2 <kuid:217465:1147> Schranke 1936 crossing arms (functional scenery)

1 <kuid2:458053:100954:1> TRC Traffic Stopper 2 tracks

2 TRC 3 Triggers <kuid2:458053:100686:16> TRC 3 Trigger for closure of rail crossing

Triggers trigger, the crossing arms close/open fine, but as one can see, the cars act as if they're stuck in molasses, then the first 3-8 vehicles cross, but all subsequent vehicles stay stuck at the crossing for the entire session.

This is happening with all of my TRC 3 crossing builds.

Any ideas what the heck is going on guys? :eek:

This is driving me bat****e crazy ! :'(

Rico

watch

Last edited:
You are not an avid reader of the forums. There have been a ton of posts about this and even more anomalies of a wonderful (original) product. So, today we got a news letter from headquarters promising that all these bugs will be solved soon. Not mentioning it exactly. But we hope. Once more...

unfortunately, carz behaviour is broken since SP1, since then the cars piled up at any crossing in surveyor.
If they want to repair it, they have to go back to build 100240, there it was fine.

You are not an avid reader of the forums. There have been a ton of posts about this and even more anomalies of a wonderful (original) product. So, today we got a news letter from headquarters promising that all these bugs will be solved soon. Not mentioning it exactly. But we hope. Once more...

You assume much, regarding my reading habits. I have not seen any posts regarding traffic sticking at crossings, only posts regarding TRC Triggers and other TRC asset problems.

I never read the newsletter, but I do read these forums, every single day of the week since 2009.

Rico

Last edited:
unfortunately, carz behaviour is broken since SP1, since then the cars piled up at any crossing in surveyor.
If they want to repair it, they have to go back to build 100240, there it was fine.

Thanks for that answer G.M. I had no idea the carz have been doing this since SP 1.

I have several Model RR routes I've been holding off on since I wanted traffic to function correctly, maybe I'll go ahead and release them.

Rico

This is what I thought, and is why I choose to remain at 100240. Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

I've seen and had problems with the TRC2/3 components for awhile now. Vincent needs to update the code in order for it to work properly with the newer versions of TRS19.

This is not limited to TRC, it's the same with the ATLS system, I see it all the time. I just ignore it, given I and everyone else can't fix it. I wouldn't hold my breath on a fix any time soon, probably a low priority this one given lots of other things need fixing :)

While we're on the subject of TRC, I just noticed that while approaching a closed (bells and gates activated) TRC crossing, if I reduce the engine throttle to IDLE, the TRC crossing reacts as if the consist has stopped and resets to open. If I increase the throttle while the consist is still approaching the crossing, the TRC crossing activates again.

Is this the normal operation that I just picked up on?

Hank

Back