Steam in cabview

PortLineParker

UK Route Builder
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find another thread with it on.

On some steam locos, I can see the steam either from the chimney or from the cylinder cocks in the external view, but when I go into cabview it quickly dissipates and all locos appear steamless.

When I go back to external view, the steam starts up again and then duly disappears when I go into cabview.

Does anyone know why this is? Is it something to do with how the cab is set up by the creator or is it a setting I can change?

I first noticed the issue in TRS19 SP2 and it is continuing in SP3.

Cheers,

PLP

Someone more knowledgeable than I will probably answer better, but I am guessing it is just not a property that the cab view tracks? Although if it tracks all other movement, yours is a valid question.

It depends how the loco has been configured. Generally the loco exterior is not visible from cab view. What you see of the loco exterior from inside the cab is really just part of the cab model. Some more advanced locos use a setting that enables the actual loco exterior to be seen from within the cab. It's a little bit more fiddly to set up but it enables things like the smoke and steam effects to be visible from the interior.

Hi,

Thanks for your replies both.

Is it possible for the end user to amend the cab so that steam can be seen or is this something that the original creator needed to have done?

Cheers,

PLP

Hi,

Thanks for your replies both.

Is it possible for the end user to amend the cab so that steam can be seen or is this something that the original creator needed to have done?

Cheers,

PLP

There is a config tag you can use, but unless the cab has been set up for it you will probably cause more problems than you solve.

Ah I see, I thought that might be the case!

Do you know what the tag is? I can give it a go and if it all goes pear shaped I can revert to original.

Cheers,

PLP

The tag is "outside-visible-from-cabin 1" and it goes in the interior config. I can tell you now that if you use it on one of my locos you will end up with two intersecting meshes that will probably be z fighting eachother plus the cab controls will also be duplicated with one set moving and the other not. This will look pretty terrible. Similar results are likely with other creators models.

More info here: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/KIND_Interior#outside-visible-from-cabin

Thanks Ed.

I'll be honest, it was one of yours I was referring to in my original post - not sure if it's all of your cabs but I see it in the M7 so wondered if there was a work around. It's such a lovely cab to use but not to worry! It doesn't make it any less fun to drive.

Cheers,

PLP

Back