Creek name suggestions?

finch_the_small

So, I've named the river that this creek connects to (the Andesse River), but I don't have a name for the creek so, y'all got any suggestions?
unknown-133.jpg

Look at maps and pick a name. I do that all the time for towns as well. Exeter, Essex, Ipswich, and Newbury are all real places in my area. I build a town and name it for real places, but not necessarily in the same places as the town or city is. I also do the same with brooks and rivers. There's the Merrimack River, Meadow Brook River, and made up names like Lake Pissonaduck.

You have Andesse for the river how about Over-esse or Uber-esse (tongue in cheek) for the creek.

ooh these are good

i actually don't have a meaning of the name, but i'm gonna be working a bit on the lore of the route a bit more today ^^ (Rn the Andesse is just a major river in the area)

but i might actually use these,,,

update!!

here's a lil update on this post

i have decided to name the creek Ruisseau De La Rivière (Original French Name), or the Ruisseau Creek (Modern English Version)

The original version is call "the creek of the river", and was originally in french territory (hence it's french name). and the creek was renamed by the british (When the territory was handed over), with the Rivière Andesse (old name for the Andesse River). and was re-named "Ruisseau Creek". which literally means "Creek Creek".

I was thinking from Andessa one might get Oressa.... :hehe:
Of course in these logic days there is also Nandessa and Nordessa.....

Small Finch Creek.

Update: Now wait a minute. What about the " the " ? Ok...........The Small Finch Creek.

Last edited:
Back