Junction Link in 2019 ?? There isn't One ! !

Col_Klink

Just wondering about a few things but, right now I'll wonder about only one - Junction Links .
Has anyone considered making a 2019 version of the Junction Link ?
You know that thing that controls 2 switches at once ?? Sure would be nice to have one
that worked in 2019. I even tried to convert it from the older 2004/2006 version. No luck.

I did convert it to work in TANE and it works fine. Just needs an update.
Thanks guys.

The Colonel :cool:

You didn't need to clone one for Tane, there's already one available and same in TRS19 although it causes problems with the AI, try this >> <kuid2:122381:10003:1> Junction Link

The main problem with the Junction Link, as Alikiwi mentioned, is its tendency to reset one of the switches in a pair as soon as the consist has cleared the other even though the consist is still passing over the second - with the resulting derailment. I prefer to use Interlocking Towers and Enhanced Interlocking Towers as they do a far better job and offer many more options.

Thanks guys for the info. Now for the tutorial I missed a few years ago. I had been thinking that the key to the switch changes in the Interlocking Towers was entering the switch names and having them operate as I had written.
Now I have to learn a complete new system and place signals in proper places. This is an area I am not too familiar with.
I had picked 4 from DLS to practice on but nothing showed up when I used the question mark Icon. The one I found that was simple to figure out was the Crowcombe-Heathfield Signal box which had the info to enter
signal names. Now I am stumped. I'll have to go to the tutorial and find a new talent and hope it works.

** LOLOL (I wonder if I could copy the script of the old 2004-06 version into the Towers and work to see if these will transform) LOLOL ! ! !
What a thought, huh ?

Also, Alikiwi - The kuid you mentioned is the one I converted to Tane. It actually worked using the yellow one. I'll double check on a couple of ideas and see if I can make the Interlocking towers work for me.

Last edited:
I use the Junction Link Alikiwi mentioned for slip switches and crossovers. I've recently had some problems with them in slip switches where I click on one of the linked switches and the switches suddenly start switching back and forth from one setting to another uncontrollably. I had to go into Surveyor to fix it. I had this happen on two separate routes, both times on single-slip switches, both times using the Junction Link, both times in TRS19 SP3.
Also, look up peterwhite on the DLS. He has some signal boxes based on those on the Settle-Carlisle line equipped with Enhanced Interlocking Tower. Another username to look up on the DLS is joth, who has a relay box equipped with EIT, which is more appropriate for US routes.

I am still not sure how the Interlocking Boxes are working to get the switches to operate. I'm still working on getting the old
junction links to work. I know of two modellers who may be able to get us some new ones to work on TANE + 2019.
I'm not gonna quit this project until I get an answer from my work or the work from the other two.
Any more suggestions ?

Hi Col_Klink,
are you talking about <kuid2:122381:10003:1> Junction Link?
In my Trainz it's a built-in item, so you bought it and N3v should take care, it works flawless
did you send a bug report and what was the reply?
greetings GM

There are 4 versions of junction links on the DLS:

<kuid:122381:10003> Junction Link
<kuid:122381:10004> Junction Controller
<kuid:122381:10005> Junction Controller v2
<kuid:439337:100957> Junction Controller v3

I did some testing recently with dual gauge turnouts since I need the junction link to control the second junction in the DG turnouts in the main yard and industries in my home route. About 80 of them I think. Though some DG with just 1 gauge diverging don't need special handling. I need 2 junction levers and a junction link scenery asset for each. 1 lever is visible in driver and 1 is invisible like the junction link asset itself.

I've made my own version based on Mizi's junction link but as a trackside junction lever object so I don't have to add the extra scenery object at each DG junction. It also knows it's own ID and always switches to the same direction as the master junction in the DG turnout (like the real ones that use just 1 lever) so simplifies the setup a bit. It's works as intended in TRS19 and SP3 so I'm happy for the time being.

The tests show that the 2 older versions by Mizi (junction link and junction controller) and the one I made link up correctly and switch the dependent junction when the master is clicked on in Driver. These 3 have differences in the scripts but the main concept in them is the same.

The junction controller V2 by Mizi and V3 by MSGsnapper don't work in TRS19 or 19SP3. They don't link the master junction to the dependent one in these versions (only master junction switches in Driver). The new script in V2 has a number of differences from the V1. V3 uses same script as V2 so no surprise it doesn't work.

Right off I didn't see anything in the scripts that might explain the different behavior.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Well guys, after giving it much thought, here's what I've come up with -
First of all, my Trainz2019 version is 111951 and I have an MSI PC (I7-10510 with an Intel graphics card built in and Windows 10 Pro).
Last night I took three of these versions and work on them in the config files and changed all that could be and ran each of those
during the changes I made. None of them (my versions) worked no matter what I came up with to help advance the internal make-up
nor the color of the cube. Now, as far as my customizing and kit bashing goes, I am done with them until someone can redesign another one
for 2019 and after. I have a notion that the works of the script could be changed to help some of the current issues.

Thank-you all for your input and I shall be back (hopefully soon) and maybe have another issue to describe or a helpful version of MIZI's Junction Link.
I'm gone ! !

Back