TRS 19 and amd reyzen

nicolaas1

Where there any test by auran self on amd hardware ?

I have a new laptop a ryzen with amd graphis and 3070 RTX. 32GB geheugen en Radeon graphics 512 mb.
Sp3 of trs 2019

When i run trs19 it works ok for a few minutes, and the closes down, the same config on my intel laptop works great.

Have already moved vm pages to second ssd.

Anyone any idee ?

Last edited:
Check for heat. To me this sounds like your machine is overheating and calling it quits because computer hardware doesn't like getting too warm. There are laptop cooling pads available to keep the system cool while the machine is operating. You can find these at your favorite computer hardware store and they're not very expensive. Some of these have simple fans inside that are powered by the USB port on your laptop. Others are a bit more complex and run a chilling pad and other complex hardware to achieve the same effect. The cost is quite high too. I have one of the less expensive ones for my Alienware laptop and it runs great.

TRS19 runs fine on my AMD PC, Ryzen5 1600, GTX 980TI and 16GB DDR4, not a lot of difference to my Intel rig.

As John says may be overheating or could be a driver issue. From the description that sounds like a high end laptop so it ought to be able to handle anything.

If it can handle soma without crashing i don't think it will be an issue with overheating or drivers.
It doesn't happen with all routes, in fact only with mini rotterdam.
Could it be sp3 that does this ?

If it can handle soma without crashing i don't think it will be an issue with overheating or drivers.

More likely a problem with the route or something in it being corrupted could be worth looking at the log and see what was happening just before the crash?

I doubt it because it doesn't happen with all routes. If this is the case, then it's definitely not drivers or hardware, although, a cooler is still a good thing to get because that will make the laptop work overall.

Can you open the mini-Rotterdam route in Surveyor and have a look around? The issue could be a faulty asset. The asset may appear fine, but could be corrupted causing the program to freeze.

I've had that before back in TS12. I had a very long route that I used often, but there was one place where the program would freeze dead and sometimes crash to the desktop. This only occurred in one particular area and if I looked in another direction, there was only a slight pause. I went back and looked at the area more than once but could never find anything. After many years, and ready to give up, TANE came along and I converted my old Speed Trees to something else in order to bring the route into TANE. During the tree conversion process, I clicked on one of mcguirel's maple trees and in order to add it to the replace assets tool, and the program crashed! Poof, gone! I sat through a lengthy DBR a few times as I attempted to replace that tree. Eventually, I got lucky and I was able to move on and the route has survived right through and into TRS19.

Sadly, finding the asset that's causing this issue is a lengthy routine called process of elimination.

You need to hide all non-built-in assets in Content Manager

Load the route.

Does it crash?

Nope...

Unhide about 100 of the hidden assets.

Load the route.

Does it crash?

Nope...

Unhide another 100 of the assets.

Load the route.

Repeat.

Yes...!!!

Go back to Content Manager and disable one asset at a time from the last batch and test until things stop crashing.

The last asset you hid again is the faulty one.

To confirm this, keep this last asset hidden and unhide the others from the last batch. If things still don't crash, you found the culprit.

While doing this, I highly recommend defragmenting your hard disk because there will be lots of disk writing that will fragment your hard drive. You can disregard this if you have the data on an SSD.

Last edited:
You can also do a binary search. Hide half the assets, then unhide half of the remaining assets, and so on.

Yes , thanx but the same assets work great on an intel laptop with rtx270. How can you explain that ?

I doubt it because it doesn't happen with all routes. If this is the case, then it's definitely not drivers or hardware, although, a cooler is still a good thing to get because that will make the laptop work overall.

Can you open the mini-Rotterdam route in Surveyor and have a look around? The issue could be a faulty asset. The asset may appear fine, but could be corrupted causing the program to freeze.

I've had that before back in TS12. I had a very long route that I used often, but there was one place where the program would freeze dead and sometimes crash to the desktop. This only occurred in one particular area and if I looked in another direction, there was only a slight pause. I went back and looked at the area more than once but could never find anything. After many years, and ready to give up, TANE came along and I converted my old Speed Trees to something else in order to bring the route into TANE. During the tree conversion process, I clicked on one of mcguirel's maple trees and in order to add it to the replace assets tool, and the program crashed! Poof, gone! I sat through a lengthy DBR a few times as I attempted to replace that tree. Eventually, I got lucky and I was able to move on and the route has survived right through and into TRS19.

Sadly, finding the asset that's causing this issue is a lengthy routine called process of elimination.

You need to hide all non-built-in assets in Content Manager

Load the route.

Does it crash?

Nope...

Unhide about 100 of the hidden assets.

Load the route.

Does it crash?

Nope...

Unhide another 100 of the assets.

Load the route.

Repeat.

Yes...!!!

Go back to Content Manager and disable one asset at a time from the last batch and test until things stop crashing.

The last asset you hid again is the faulty one.

To confirm this, keep this last asset hidden and unhide the others from the last batch. If things still don't crash, you found the culprit.

While doing this, I highly recommend defragmenting your hard disk because there will be lots of disk writing that will fragment your hard drive. You can disregard this if you have the data on an SSD.

Different settings? Draw distance perhaps so that the LOD mesh interacts differently. Texture settings, etc.

Since it's only this route, then it's something on that route that's causing the problem.

Different settings? Draw distance perhaps so that the LOD mesh interacts differently. Texture settings, etc.

Since it's only this route, then it's something on that route that's causing the problem.

It sounds like a different installation. Asset file could be corrupt.

physx won’t go to nvidia card stays on cpu can that be part of the problem from trs19 ?
I just noticed this.

If this is on an NVIDIA system I would be concerned, but the problem is occurring on your Ryzen system which doesn't have the Physx built in to it so it's going to be emulated on the CPU.

In TRS 19, make sure you have that disabled in TRS19 because that causes awful problems including very bad stutters.

hoi Nicolaas,
Miniworld Rotterdam was made in T:ANE by Olaf
I did extensive testing in TRS19 from original till SP3, before release and many times after,
Here never crashed and moves even smoother in SP3 than in any other versions.
There are no portals used (but shadow stations), so no trouble from them.

Check if you personally added other items (fi trains)
with the original route and session and content it should work fine.
Fear that TRS19 and the 3070 RTX is not a good combo at the moment.
greetings GM

Nope going to install sp2 and see if that works.

Are you going back to SP2 from SP3, or from SP1 to SP2?

Your data can't go backwards it'll corrupt things!

At any rate, make a backup of your data and program first before upgrading.

Thanx, found the corporate: it's a train from olaf flirt 3 ns. When i disable that one everything runs fine.
Strange on my intel he drives fine.

strange Nicolaas, I use that train in many of my routes, will see if i can fix it
In Flirt NS bak 1, there are some attachment point failures, maybe trainz don't like that since SP3
will let you know, greetings GM

Thanx, found the corporate: it's a train from olaf flirt 3 ns. When i disable that one everything runs fine.
Strange on my intel he drives fine.

Excellent. That is weird how the Intel system doesn't care, but then again we're dealing with Trainz code and it goes to show you how different two systems can be even if they are the same.

Excellent. That is weird how the Intel system doesn't care, but then again we're dealing with Trainz code and it goes to show you how different two systems can be even if they are the same.

It's probably a corrupted asset, delete DBR and re-download usually sorts that, I had that here a few times and I run both AMD Ryzen / Nvidia and Intel i7 / Nvidia, it can be either setup and not specific to hardware.

Back