Triggers gone crazy?

flyboy559

Using Trainz since 2003
Some of my routes are saying I have triggers at EVERY junction, even though there are not actually any triggers there (see photo). Is this a common 2019 issue or am I overlooking something to get rid of these darn things? I can adjust the trigger radius, but there is no trigger and thus nothing for me to delete. This is in 2019 SP3
y5qXKCY.jpg
[/IMG]

There are some track-objects that have a radius around them even though they are not triggers. I saw that in TANE and other versions of TRS19 so this isn't endemic to SP3.

In your case, have you tried different junction levers to see if this is the case?

I have triggers in TRS19 SP3 but none of them look like that. I use the standard Track Triggers. What type of trigger(s) are you using? Do you have grade crossings that use built-in triggers or other exotic types? What does CM tell you when you list your route dependencies?

I only use the standard track trigger and the route also has some of the ATLS 2019 trigger by boat.
I don't know if the junction lever will make a difference. This isn't happening by the lever, but further up after the tracks diverge, giving me 2 "triggers" at every junction.

I only use the standard track trigger and the route also has some of the ATLS 2019 trigger by boat.
I don't know if the junction lever will make a difference. This isn't happening by the lever, but further up after the tracks diverge, giving me 2 "triggers" at every junction.

What frogs are you using? It could be how they're made, or perhaps they have a sound attached, or is it a sound-creating asset to give the click-clack sound of crossing over the frogs and points.

I noticed it wasn't the levers after I posted.

If it is the frogs then they are more likely to be built into the particular track you are using. Can you post the <kuid> of the track used wherever these mysterious triggers appear?

Try moving one of the nearby triggers very slightly, and see what happens. After a recent update I noticed some track objects (signals in my case) had shifted off-track - moving them very slightly fixed it.

Might not be related but worth a try.

JCitron was correct. I forgot I was using nicky9499's QHG turnouts, which have clickety clack triggers in them. A quick swap for a different frog set and the problem was taken care of. No point in using the QHG frogs anyways, as the sound trigger doesn't work in 2019.

JCitron was correct. I forgot I was using nicky9499's QHG turnouts, which have clickety clack triggers in them. A quick swap for a different frog set and the problem was taken care of. No point in using the QHG frogs anyways, as the sound trigger doesn't work in 2019.

Yay! I'm glad you solved the problem.

Back