Unknown Location??????

KotangaGirl

Pre-Grouping Railways Nut
So I've just patched one of my TS2019/TRS19 installations to build 111951. On checking the 'My Content' tab more than a few of my assets from the DLS that were already installed are now marked as being 'Third Party', and most of what is on the DLS under my 768291 ID and not yet downloaded is showing as 'Unknown Location'.

So much for me thinking I might give SP3 a go.

So I've just patched one of my TS2019/TRS19 installations to build 111951. On checking the 'My Content' tab more than a few of my assets from the DLS that were already installed are now marked as being 'Third Party', and most of what is on the DLS under my 768291 ID and not yet downloaded is showing as 'Unknown Location'.

So much for me thinking I might give SP3 a go.

Do a database rebuilt. I found it's so much easier just to do a clean install with all the patches, then re-add content.

I did a database rebuild and all was fine and back to normal again. One of my routes that I'd done a lot of work on was showing faulty, but the DBR took care of that Ok. Needless to say I had everything backed up to the max before I started to patch my TS2019 install. I did previously try installing the beta patches and that was to a clean install, - only I got annoyed with it and deleted it. This time around with the public release patches I wanted to see how they would work out on a working version that had a mix of assets from all over and not just DLC.

I have had a long love-hate relationship with TS2019 and the thought of having to once again fix a lot of broken stuff after installing an update patch was almost too much to bear.

I did a database rebuild and all was fine and back to normal again. One of my routes that I'd done a lot of work on was showing faulty, but the DBR took care of that Ok. Needless to say I had everything backed up to the max before I started to patch my TS2019 install. I did previously try installing the beta patches and that was to a clean install, - only I got annoyed with it and deleted it. This time around with the public release patches I wanted to see how they would work out on a working version that had a mix of assets from all over and not just DLC.

I have had a long love-hate relationship with TS2019 and the thought of having to once again fix a lot of broken stuff after installing an update patch was almost too much to bear.

Do you like the update to SP3? Would you recommend it? Is it worth it?

I haven't done the update yet, like you, I don't relish the thought of any possible rebuilds and repairs to assets!

Still undecided,

Rob.

Do you like the update to SP3? Would you recommend it? Is it worth it?

I haven't done the update yet, like you, I don't relish the thought of any possible rebuilds and repairs to assets!

Still undecided,

Rob.

I wanted to try again now that I've given my Plus+ subscription the toss, - so it was finally just the Platinum version I was updating to this time Rob. I haven't really had a good look around yet, but so far I'm not seeing anything that's broken. I think I'd want to do some testing on my favourite routes for a couple of days before I go handing out any gold stars just yet.

It does seem more stable than SP2, haven't had any CTDs … yet (famous last words).
Only issues I've spotted are spline curvature when you need to split into several sections is still erratic and hard to get good results (we really do need a defined radius tool). The weird spline fill is still there too, where you drop a section of track slightly short of the intended joining point and it extrudes an additional little piece to fill the gap.
The Ctrl function seems desensitised. It was always tricky getting the right decimal value when rotating an object, but it now jumps all around the place. Again, a situation where the ability to simply input the desired rotation angle in a box would be a much better solution.

It does seem more stable than SP2, haven't had any CTDs … yet (famous last words).
Only issues I've spotted are spline curvature when you need to split into several sections is still erratic and hard to get good results (we really do need a defined radius tool). The weird spline fill is still there too, where you drop a section of track slightly short of the intended joining point and it extrudes an additional little piece to fill the gap.
The Ctrl function seems desensitised. It was always tricky getting the right decimal value when rotating an object, but it now jumps all around the place. Again, a situation where the ability to simply input the desired rotation angle in a box would be a much better solution.

I've had issues with procedural track getting weird ties and I ended up faffing around with spline points to clean that up. Laying track seems to go okay. I had to faff around with that too on existing track worked on in SP2. SP2 broke the track causing weird curves and now I have to fix it again. I still don't like the disappearing splines when deleting a spline or track. That's really annoying.

The CTRL/Shift issue hasn't plagued me yet. This is why this wasn't reported because not everyone saw the issue.

Portals are wonky, don't run a reversed loco. I haven't seen it since before because I have been building a lot more than drive.

It definitely is much more stable. I was using TRS19 nearly all day Saturday, after I did some garden cleanup until my back gave out a bit earlier than I expected. I merged a route, built some connecting baseboards and did some terrain sculpting and added track. When I opened up the program on Sunday, there were no DBRs and the route was still intact.

I haven't done all that much yet, but a test move of some smaller layout projects into SP3 went well. I don't use procedural track much since there's nothing that looks any good for the Uk pre-grouping era. I am using pencil's flat bottomed track on the tramway sections though and the procedural track version seems to be behaving itself there.

Back