Thread: Are there benefits to your product being considered for 'built-in'?

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Easton

Question Are there benefits to your product being considered for 'built-in'?

When uploading content, I see a box for "Please consider content for 'Built-in,' " so I was wondering what are some pros and cons to your product being considered for 'built-in.'

Quote Originally Posted by janathan View Post
    When uploading content, I see a box for "Please consider content for 'Built-in,' " so I was wondering what are some pros and cons to your product being considered for 'built-in.'

They'll lock the textures and any updates you submit probably won't be automatic for everyone.

Cheerio John

Blog Entries

Hi Janathan
    Essentially it will mean that your content in your DLC pack can be included in a full release of Trainz, in addition to the DLC pack itself. You would receive royalties for this, based on the fair price table in TCCP, from each sale of the release that they are included in.

The pros are that you could potentially get more people accessing your content than you might otherwise.

The cons are that you may not have as many outright sales for the DLC pack.

As to how much of a pro/con these are, well that depends on the content itself, and how much they concern you.

In some cases, when we are working toward a new full release of Trainz we may select potential DLC packs for inclusion in that new release in place of a Trainz Store release; however this is generally after consulting with the creator regarding this.

They'll lock the textures and any updates you submit probably won't be automatic for everyone.
    This is the case with anything processed through TCCP, so isn't exactly relevant to a thread in the TCCP system. The option being discussed is specific to the TCCP system, and isn't related to the Download Station upload system/etc.

Regards
    Zec Murphy

Customer Support Rep
    N3V Games (Auran)

*Please do not use Private Messages for support. Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums.