When editing Splines in my route. Trainz Freezes for up to 10 seconds

beep55

Hello all

As title says. When I am editing splines / track in a session on a route I've been working on since 2006 the simulator freezes for up to 20 seconds. This has happened for the last couple of months making route building extremely slow. When adding / removing objects there is no lag or problems. When adding removing splines on other route this does not happen either.

Any ideas? Has my route been corrupted?

I'm not a professional by any standards so please treat me as a simple minded person :)

For one, you don't edit splines especially track in a session!? If you are editing either then it changes the route and should only be done in the route layer. This may cause problems depending on your computer specs. Hopefully you have backups saved to CDP encase of any problems.

Thanks for that information. Not something I've ever been made aware of when route building.

I have merged the "session layer" into the route layer and deleted the sessions also. Unfortunately I am still getting lag when I go to delete splines and track.

Try doing a DBR, might clean it up and get rid of any odd left overs.

Thanks for this :)

I have done a clean up and it has improved the situation. I've managed to pass this route from Trainz2006, TC3, 2009, 2010, ANE and now into 2019 so I think I've been lucky to get as far as I have with it without losing it.

Back